Unable to view school primary school before deadline?

LaDY

Mummy Of Two xx
Reaction score
I am currently in the process of applying for primary schools. There was one school with fantastic ofsted reports that I wanted to view however they can't fit me in until after the deadline date? What would you do? I still want to apply to the school but I don't know what number to put them down at? Annoyed at myself for leaving it so late! X

I would phone the School Admissions Dept for advice.

In Kent, you can download the School Admissions Booklet & there is a section explaining what happens if you miss the closing date for applications.

TBH i wouldn't put that school down - schools are supposed to let you look around them and if they want your child there then they will arrange for a private viewing anyway.

Someone i spoke to who is a governor of our local school said that if at all possible you should arrange private viewings of the schools as the picture they paint in the group viewings can be quite different from how that actually are.

Do you have any friends whose kids are already at school? Could you ask them?

I never went to the open evening, because I had puerpal psychosis at the time :dohh: so I missed all the open days. Luckily I have a good friend who told me she was more than happy with the school her son was at (which happens to be on my road as well!), so I applied there for Madeleine and she got in, and it's a lovely school.

Thanks for your replies. I am not willing to hand the application form in late as if you do it goes under the pile of applications that were received on time. I've spoken to many people and they say it is a lovely school however I've had a few negative comments too! I've been kicking myself for not calling them sooner but with Christmas and the Christmas holidays it has been hectic! X

Don;t worry about the deadline that is just so they can get most applicants in, I know loads of people who have been late for dealine it will be fine xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->