Unadvertised Symptoms

Vanilla Spice

Reaction score
Hi,

It's only been recently that I've known a few people who have been lucky to fall pregnant, and maybe I'm just completely naive, but they have been telling me of a number of symptoms that you can experience while pregnant that I really didn't know about.

There's the common symptoms such as morning sickness, back pain, and swollen ankles. But one of my friends told me about over-active saliva glands and thicker hair EVERYWHERE.

Is there anything else that I should be aware of when I do start TTC?

Im not sure of too many myself to be honest, dont want to look them up as i will probably imagine them all :rofl: Everyone is different though and one woman many experience one thing that another woman wont. Our bodies work in diffrent ways xx

Oh there is a lot. And you dont really know the full extend untill you are pregnant really, I was suprised by how much changed especially in late pregnancy. Thicker hair everywhere, thats definitely one of them!

Some people get nothing though, some women get lots and lots of things, so you wont be able to tell untill you are pregnant. Plus different pregancies will have different effects on you. x

i got really bad gas which in first tri which it seems is pretty common!

Period pains, sore boobs, sore or itchy nipples, fewer spots, more spots, less greasy hair, more greasy hair, more head hair, less/more body hair, bloating, large blue veins across boobs, swollen boobs, sore gums... The list is endless!

I think I saw a thread in 1st tri about that, could go take a look? There was some in there that I was kinda surprised about

Read "What to Expect When You're Expecting"....it has all the wonderful side effects and symptoms of pregnancy listed in there. :haha:

Man with all these wonderful symptoms its amazing we're all still so excited to go through it! :rofl: but I'm sure it will all be worth it even if we have the worst of symptoms

Thicker Hair?!!?

Oh Dear..... I already have to call the lumberjack in weekly to deal with my lady garden..

I think I've changed my mind :rofl:

Gums bleeding when you brush your teeth, tooth/gum sensitivity and pain!

Heartburn - I thought it'd come later, but I got heartburn for the first time in my life when I was JUST pregnant, and that's why I said hey, maybe I'm pregnant!

I kept feeling like I was going to get my period for like the first month, and AF never showed.. just had cramps, felt PMSy and (TMI) there was some erm discharge that kept me running to the washroom to check if I had got it!

I found myself sweating more when I became pregnant :rofl:

Fatigue was the worst for me, I was just lethargic all day and would have to come home from work and have a nap straight away then go to bed early, and still struggled to wake up on time for work!

god the list is endless, dark nipples, i can not brush my teeth without being sick when im pregnant, craving weird non food (like sponges yus i did that too) odd discharge, itchy skin, metal taste in the mouth. its fun..... really....

Gas yep, more spots, very very tired in first tri, constant watery discharge making you think you have AF, Braxton Hicks contractions non-stop from 22 weeks (had to see a consultant to check tho cause this is more rare). Lots of dark patches on skin and super fast hair and nail growth. Sensitive gums, sense of smell, nipples. Peeing a lot... diarreah, constipation...Fuzzy brain...inability to concentrate on anything except being Pregnant!!!

Oh god I forgot about it all, but am about to go into it all again.:dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->