unclogging sinks!

C

cherryglitter

our sink in the bathroom seems to take a long time to drain whilst running the tap (i don't know if that can just be the way it is?!)

are there any cheap ways of unblocking it? i have bleach, baking soda etc.

i don't wanna spend loads of money on some unblocking fluid unless anyone knows of a good one? :shrug:

I normally just put bleach down it and then leave it for a while

this is going to sound daft.. does the bleach stay there or will it just drain away :wacko:

There is this product my aunt got us a while ago, pretty strong industrial stuff and it cleared the place quickly. Have a look at local convenience stores.

I have no idea if it stays there :lol: I assumed it did while it did the job then slowly washed away with the water that went down it

I use soda crystals - there a couple of quid and you can get them from any supermarket. Just pour them down and rinse with boiling water :)

try plunging it..
you can use the base of a plastic cup to do it,
make a paste with bleach & bicarb, pour that down, leave a few hours & pour boiling water from kettle down (dont burn urself as sometimes it splashes back)
are you sure the plug hole isnt blocked with hair or anything?
no idea how but ours always gets clogged up with my hair..

I get the OH to do it..:haha:

I once put melted wax down there.. Didn't think that it would solidify as soon as it was cold and block the sink (IDIOT!!!:dohh:)

My ex showed me this trick and it works! (

Get a old milk bottle and put the top over the over flow hole and squeeze really hard. You usually get a few goes out of one bottle.

Be carefull as sometimes stuff flies out of the sink hole!

My ex showed me this trick and it works! (

Get a old milk bottle and put the top over the over flow hole and squeeze really hard. You usually get a few goes out of one bottle.

Be carefull as sometimes stuff flies out of the sink hole!

ooooh! gunna give this a go in a bit. just finished our milk off.

I got some stuff from tesco which is supposed to be strong enough to disolve hairs etc you just pour it down.Have you taken out any hairs etc you can see (bit gross but you can you a coat hanger hook to hook hairs with)

I usually use vinegar and baking soda and have a great time letting everything bubble and fizz. I follow it up with a kettle full of boiling water. It does double duty as a deodorizer. If it's really bad, you could try draino or something really nasty like that, but I have been cautioned (by a plumber) that those products can sometimes really damage pipes, leaving you with a far worse problem than a blockage.
I would try the other suggestions on the thread first before heading for the toxic stuff.

We had a very stubborn blocked bath a while ago, took an hour to drain water away :wacko:

I bought Caustic Soda from Wilkos and it cleared it straight away. You have to be careful though as it can burn your skin.

I do this once a month or so now and its been fine since :thumbup:

xx

We use this https://groceries.asda.com/asda-estore/catalog/sectionpagecontainer.jsp?departmentid=1214921923725 and we also use there bathroom one for our shower and bathroom sink. Its brilliant, we usually get it from morrisons or asda but ive seen it in tesco aswell

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->