Under offer, need some advise please

sparkle_1979

Mum to Ruby born Oct 2009
Reaction score
We had an offer on our house about three mths ago with a move in date of 13th sep. they have agreed a loan for our property but there is hold up with their buyers. They have signed no missives ( agreement ) and for the last 6 weeks they have said next week they will be ina Position to sign...

We accepted a much lower offer as we were informed they "were" in a great position and there are not many buyers like them... This is not the case at all, we now have two weeks left and this does not give us enough time to arrange removals, sell furniture ect ect..

Is it fair if I remarked the property as there has been other interest and for all I know their buyers could have pulled out, I'm just being given no information with what's happening in the chain, its so frustrating :dohh::dohh:

We've also gone and put an offer on a house and had mortgage agreed, looks like we might lose that too, plus we paid or searches on it already

Think it all depends on where you are?
Have a look or post on money saving expert house buying forum if within the Uk x

If you are in UK then your house is not 'sold' until the missives are signed. You can also change the date, just let your solicitor/estate agent know original date not good anymore. I recently sold in UK.

Thanks we are in Scotland

Akward because buyers are from our village
We accepted low offer as we thought their position was good

2 weeks until moving date, they've not signed and all we know is there is a hold up in chane, no details. I want to out back on market but feel awful about it x

I think things work a bit differently in Scotland compared with England, but I was under the impression that once you had your offer accepted (In Scotland) that it was legally binding?

I you have the option to go back on the market, then personally I would do it. If you have been misled then you have no idea what the true position is and how long you may be waiting.

Can you remarket it as "under offer"? I'm not sure how scotland works, here "sale agreed" means nothing until a contract is signed. You were misled to believe it was a quick sale, sounds like their part of the chain is stalling. We saw a beautiful house for sale and it was sale agreed but managed to get a viewing, speaking to the owners they were in the same position as you but were in the process of relocating to england!

The sale is binding once the missives have been signed, once the buyers have done that then if they pull out they have to cover your costs. Maybe that's why they are delaying. Your estate agent should be able to help. They charge enough, get them to chase things if you can.

I would keep marketing it if possible. You have been mislead xx

We feel very mislead by everyone and today went back for sale

Thx

Ugh that's so unfair! Hope it sells quickly for you and your moving plans aren't too messed up.

Not sure if it is different in Scotland, but in England then you can pull out at anytime until contracts have been exchanged (a phone call between solicitors confirming details and possession of signed contract, deposit & move date).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->