Understanding words/phrases

A

AppleBlossom

Does anyone's LO understand words/phrases? Grace understands and responds to a couple. If you say clap hands she claps her hands, if you say dance she wiggles really fast from side to side, if you say hiya sometimes she waves her hands and if you say open she opens her mouth

nope, nothing. Alasdair doesn't understand anything! He just smiles...whatever you say. Smiles. I don't know if there is an age that they should do this stuff at...?

Nothing.

Not even his name.

But that's hardly surprising cos we hardly ever call him by his proper name, it's always a pet name of some sort. Better start calling him "Mark."

lol Jen! We always call Alasdair either Ally or Pickle. I guess at least Ally is a shortened form but Pickle...well we better stop with that!

Colton knows "bite" for food, "drink" for a drink, he knows "high five", "dance", "NO", "kiss" (but wont always give kisses, only about 50/50), "come here", and probably more but I've never thought of keeping up with this.. :lol:

oh yeah.. and "peekaboo".. thats one of his favs! If you say it he will start hiding behind something! :lol:

Awww they learn it in time leeon understands all sorts now if i say come here he knows if i say no surprisingly he knows lol he knows what things are too like a dog a cup a hot fire even says that one himself too much to remember really lol x

yeah lilly nos, hiya, and she can say that now too and wave at the same time, she defo understands the word NO she crys when i say no! lol and she knows bye, and dance and hide and clap and eyes and nose, mouth, hair, and round and round the garden lol she likes that one lol good i dont no wat else prob lots more, she knows her name, and my dad calls her mush lol (i no dont ask) and she answer to that, and she defo no's wat the phone is for when it rings she looks for it lol

she doesnt inderstand dad or mum she thinks im dad lol

lily knows hiya and bye, she waves to both. she knows clap your hands! She knows give us a kiss too!

Charlie understands kiss and dance if you say dance he will have a wiggle and i think thats all i dont think he understands mama and dada yet im also trying to learn him hiya and byebye xxx

Dec is a lot older than most of your babies but he understands just about everything, I think he was about 10 months when he started to show interest in understanding me. I think it started with a kiss and high five. Oh and kick if we told him to kick a ball he would.

We;re only little but Byron, I think, is beginning to respond a little to his name, though he might not know what it means yet!

yep maddi seems to understand lots, like 'kissey kissey' and she gives kisses, she no's hi and bye and waves for them, she no's how too 'give 5', her name, bot bot (bottle) dum dum (dummy) and bum bum (change her). she also know's mummy daddy, nanny, granddad and gramps :)

Jack knows who people are and will look at crawl to the person u are referring to.
he waves for tata and hiya
he dances when u day dance( by dance i mean rock in the spot)
he knows up to get picked up and puts arms out.
he also know no and come here lol!!!

Callums knows what bye, see ya later means, he'll wave and give you a kiss, same with night night. He gives you 5 when you ask him. He knows what no means, but doesnt take any notice of that one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->