Underwire Maternity Swimwear UK

ickle pand

Mum of 1
Reaction score
Does underworked maternity swimwear even exist? I keep searching online at all the usual maternity places and where I buy bras but coming up blank. I have G cup boobs so I really need the support.

Help please!

I posted a thread about swimwear recently on the 2nd tri board! I've done a lot of searching myself and have never come across swimwear that's underwired. I read loads of reviews though and a lot of ladies with bigger boobs often complained about most brands not offering enough support :wacko: Some suggested wearing a bikini top that fits underneath the costume you choose. Highly annoying I imagine! Sorry to not be of more help.

FWIW the sites I tried were Next, Debenhams, Jojomananbebe, Mothercare, Speedo and Amazon. Ended up going with one from Debenhams, not arrived yet so not sure of fit. But my boobs are only a D :)

I suspect you'll struggle to find a maternity swimsuit with underwire as pregnant women aren't supposed to wear underwire as it can restrict the milk ducts. Can totally understand why you want the support though! Maybe you could try a large size tankini instead of a maternity one?

Thanks for the suggestions. I already have a bit of a tummy so maybe the bikini top under a tankini would work best.

I've heard that we're not supposed to use underwired bras either but I wouldn't feel comfortable without so I'm just going to make sure my bras fit really well and get re-fitted every time I feel like I've changed size.

I know how u feel! I'm currently busting out of my 32G bras :-( need to go n get maternity ones and a new costume as mine doesn't offer much support anymore!

My sister has big boobs too and said try debenhams or bravissimo x

Bravissimo only do maternity bras not swimwear and Debenhams don't have any underwired. They're my go-to places for bras normally so I was disappointed. I think I'll get a bikini top and a tankini so then I'll get proper support and enough coverage.

I gave up in the end. I have J cup boobs and couldn't find anything accommodating. They all seemed to be halterneck which made me slump forward and felt like my neck was going to snap from supporting my boobs, or they had thin little straps which cut in or snapped. Mothercare only seem to do removable straps and I broke two swimsuits in their changing room because the plastic fastenings were so flimsy.

I can't wait to get back to swimming again but it's going to wait now til I can fit into my pre-preg swimsuit.

I don't even want to go swimming, it's just for aqua natal class lol!

I think halterneck would be ok with a bikini underneath since it'd be holding the majority of the weight. I'll have to try them on together though.

I've just got a cheap bikini and takini from jb sports, I hate not having underwired (don't have wired bras now) but for aqua natal it's about a hour a week so reckoned I could prob get away with it :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->