underwire nursing bras

birdlee337

Reaction score
So I am a very large chested girl...always have been. I am a 40-42 I. I am so over my crappy no support nursing bra. I can't nurse in public at all...cause the flap doesn't pull down all the way or easy at all. And if I get a new bra it just cost way too much. So I am debating about going back to my regular bras with under wire. Is this safe? I need the support so bad...and I am just over my boobs hanging so low!!!! :( Thought about teying it out one day and see how it goes. I am a stay at home mom as of now...so I wouldn't wear it too often. Thanks! :)

I've always heard that nursing bras should not have underwire, but mine did. I bought them a few weeks after my daughter was born and never had problems. They seemed like regular underwire bras, except with the nursing flap.

Maybe only wear underwire a few hours at a time at first to see if you are comfortable.

So I am a very large chested girl...always have been. I am a 40-42 I. I am so over my crappy no support nursing bra. I can't nurse in public at all...cause the flap doesn't pull down all the way or easy at all. And if I get a new bra it just cost way too much. So I am debating about going back to my regular bras with under wire. Is this safe? I need the support so bad...and I am just over my boobs hanging so low!!!! :( Thought about teying it out one day and see how it goes. I am a stay at home mom as of now...so I wouldn't wear it too often. Thanks! :)

Exactly how I was feeling! The past 2 days I went back to my normal bra. I felt so much better that they were supported. Only obnoxious thing is, is trying to fold and tuck the cup of the bra.

Not sure if it helps but debenhams do a molded cup nursing bra in larger sizes!
There not under wired but I find them a lot more supportive and an extra layer to avoid leaks lol. This is the one but they do it in other colours

https://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/prod_10701_10001_152010227063_-1

A proper fitting underwire does not touch the breast tissue (they sit on your chest, not your breast) and should not cause any problems for breastfeeding.

I bought a good fitting underwire bra and put nursing clips on it from an older nursing cami. I will not be wearing wire free bras this time around, I have I/J cups and they just swarm with a fabric only band.

That being said, I'd be wary about wearing "your old bras", breasts change a lot with each pregnancy and breastfeeding. I was a 34DDD/E before pregnancy, a 36F during pregnancy, a 34G/H after pregnancy/early breastfeeding, and now a 32I/30J well established breastfeeding. If I tried to put my breasts into an "old" bra with an ill fitting wire, it probably would not work well.

Bras need to be replaced fairly frequently anyway, the elastics and fabrics start to deteriorate, as frequently as we use them and as much stress as they are under with larger breasts.

Thanks ladies. Got a new nursing bra today. No under wire. But hoping it works better. Same size as before. So I shall see. Just wish they made better bras for big chested ladies...but that's been my issue all my life!!! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->