undetected fit symptoms / things to look out for?

S

Serene123

Someone mentioned the other day their child had fits without them knowing? How did you find out? Caitlyn keeps like.. You know when you wake up and jump because you feel like you're falling, she keeps doing that.. I know it's probably nothing but I thought I'd check........

Grace does that too which is the main reason why she sleeps on her tummy because if she sleeps on her back a lot of the time she woke herself up by throwing her arms in the air like. Not sure what it is though...

That was probably me who said that. It was Joe, he was 17 months old and had been ill with a bad chest. He had been seen several times by dr's and the day it happened was seen by his consultant that morning, who said he was on the mend :roll:

I went to collect my little girl from school and he appeared 'in a daze' with a very un responsive appearance. Its the best way to describe it. I rang his consultant who said to get hios temp down but didnt tell me to go to hospital unless he appeared worse.

He did get worse and went into a 'full-blown' fit a few hours later :( his nail tips had also turned grey/balck in colour which was a sign of cyanosis (lack of oxygen). I rang dr who told us to go straight to A&E and to do so by car as quickly as we could (they knew I had CPR training).

At the hospital they told me that fits arent always the jerkiness that you'd expect and that in actual fact joe had already had one when in was in the 'dazed' state.

Hope this has helped

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Serenity123
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->