Unexpected pregnancy, early loss

minties

Complete
Reaction score
I feel like I lost the pregnancy before I even had a chance to get used to the idea that it was there. I think I feel quite shocked.

I don't even know how far along I was, I hazarded a guess from the last time we had sex.

I had a faint positive on Wednesday with a cheap dip test, a pretty good one on Thursday with an FRER and then was bleeding and cramping by Friday afternoon. I hadn't told anyone and probably still won't.

My tests are almost negative now, Saturday morning here and still a bit crampy, lots of dark clots and stringy tissue :-(. For an early loss it's more physically painful and more "tissue-y" than I expected. I still feel pregnant, tired and with that metallic taste, bloated etc.

I've had losses before but this one feels particularly sad, now that I know how awesome kids are and how much I love my two. As soon as you find out you are pregnant, your mind already leaps ahead to baby clothes, nappies, cuddles and nursing them. You daydream about whether they will be a boy or girl, what colour hair they'll have, whether they will be a cheeky little scamp or a quiet thoughtful toddler.

I went grocery shopping in the evening like always, and a woman was in there leaning against the brocolli in obvious early labour. It was weird watching her on her way to having a baby, and I'm trying to grab some brocolli feeling myself cramping but with no baby to show at the end like her.

Anyway just needed somewhere to offload. Thanks for reading.

Sorry to see this minties, I saw your post in the testing section yesterday. Hugs x

So sorry for your loss. It is such an awful feeling no matter how far along you are :hugs:

I told my grandma (via text message) and her reply was about the weather :-/, she ignored what I said. Wow.

So sorry minties...iv suffered a few early losses and there just as painful as your body gets set up for this wonderful thing and then its taken away..

Early losses are really common and generally nothing to worry about...take it easy xx

Hi minties,
I'm sorry you're going through this. I really hope you have some support around you. Early losses are very heartbreaking no matter what anyone says (or doesn't say for that matter).

:hugs: minties. I've been there, done that too. It's hard, especially when you see reminders all around (doesn't it suck how much the world suddenly seems absolutely filled to bursting with pregnant ladies and/or baby announcements after a loss?). Thinking of you.

Aww thanks very much everyone. Your support on here has meant a lot, it's my only avenue to vent or express myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->