unfavourable cervix and sweep

pixielmh

Single mum of 4 Girls and bump
Reaction score
hi everyone for certain reasons i am being induced on my duedate but today i had my first sweep and i was told my cervix is currently unfavourable as its 2cm posteria and 1cm dilated. she mentioned babies head is buldging against cervix which is good and she had a good sweep which will be repeated monday. im doubting with a cervix like that anything will happen :(

Hope everything woorks out I'm 38 weeks and still not dilated at all

:hugs: i wasn't dialated at all with DS2 and still went early (38+3). Then with DS1 i was dialted for weeks and went super far "overdue". So ya never know. I know it's hard to relax but you could go from nothing to something in minutes :hugs:
Hope it works.

Have you tried EPO? That will help soften it. It might not help open ya up much but if you have to be induced at least it would be stretchy and more favorable than it is now.

ive been using epo for few weeks now lol but done nothing and now after sweep im worried about infection so wont now

not even a twinge or loss of plug last night :( oh well nxt sweep monday

lost 2 huge lots of yellowy mucus earlier but still no pains n no more mucus since 11am. sweep was now 32hrs ago

I am in the same boat... Unfavorable cervix and barely a 1cm. I still have 9 days till induction and another sweep scheduled for Thursday... Hopefully I can get to a 3 before the induction because it makes for a much quicker labor

Have you tried walking after? I took my sister in law walking after her sweep and she was in the hospital within an hour or two. And her dr said he didn't think sweep would work

I had a posterior cervix and the first time they couldn't even do the sweep as it was so unfavourable. They then managed to do a Sweep which only gave me back pains.
I then was induced whilst 2cm dilated and still a complete posterior cervix. They really had to find my cervix to insert the pessary. Got the pessary at 1pm and at 6.40am my son was born so it went quick! My cervix turned completely whilst having contractions.
Good luck with it! X

ive done lots of walking and got farm today with daughter so loads more to do today, im actually looking forward to tomorrows sweep lol

I had 3 sweeps last time and each they said I was unfavourable with a very posterior cervix and only diated 1-1/2 cm (second baby). 1st pessary placed at 11.30 am regular strong contractions by midday and baby born at 7.30pm. Unfavourable cervix doesn't necessarily mean that it won't be quick for you.

hoping tomorrows works better or atleast midwife says i progressed. since last one i lost some plug n more braxton hicks x

i had 3 sweeps with a extremely favorable cervix at 39 weeks, they didn't work, my back waters went in the early hours 40+1 and she was born few hours later on that afternoon. So I do think that the cervix makes no difference it's if the hormones are stimulated enough to make anything happen x

i would like cervix to be dilated more tomoz so induction is easier on saturday as they said if im 2-3cm they will give 1 pessery to try start off n uf not straight to breaking waters

yeah, I understand hun I went through it all with my second, but just keep thinking, oh it will be tonight, you wake up it will be tonight and each day I thought this and it made it go quicker x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->