unfertilised eggs

possitive

Reaction score
Hi everyone I'm Nikki am new to this page, i've just went through my first egg retrieval last tuesday. they retrieved 11 eggs in total but the next day the embrologist telephoned me to say none of my eggs fertilised. Gutted is an understatement. she said it was due to my husbands low sperm count. she mentioned ICSI next time, I have the doctors tomorrow to talk though what happened. my eggs a perfect and am only 26. i was wondering if anyone else went though the same as me and ICSI worked for them. i'm at my wits end and Ive no one to talk to as no one has went through what i went through. well till i found this page. Sending possitive thoughts to you all xxx

Hi Nikki. I'm really sorry to hear about your experience. It does sound like ICSI will be best or you. I've not had an experience like yours with normal IVF but my DH does have low count, low morphology and motility so we went straight to ICSI. We've just had our first round, in fact the transfer was today. We got 9 eggs, 6 were mature enough to fertilise and 4 fertilised. I just wanted to give you some hope that next time it should be better. Sending you hugs x

Hi Nikki! Been through this just at the beginning of this month. "Gutted" were my exact same words too to describe how I felt after that phone call with the embryologist!

My Husband does have a low sperm count too. We went straight to Icsi as well. Heres how our cycle went:
- 12 eggs retrieved
- 11 fertilized
- day1, 5 Embryo didn't make it
-day2, 5 more eggs were abnormal but 1 great embryo
-day3, transfer
-8dp3dt positive test but just found out it's a chemical pregnancy.

On to ivf#2. But this time DH and I have a better game plan. We are going to be on supplements. He ordered vitamins (fertility aid and motility boost)!

I'm very sorry to hear that. Hang in there! Do you have a scheduled appointment with your doctor again?

if your DH's sperm has poor morphology as well as count you may want to consider IMSi or PICSI these are different techniques to select the best sperm for ICSI.

This happened to me on my 7th cycle using ICSI which was a complete shock as although we'd never had amazing results in the past we'd never had nothing to transfer. I believe it happened to us as I was on a really high dose of stimms and I think it had a detrimental affect on the quality of my eggs. My OH's sperm was pretty good quality so it's not always the sperm for zero fertilisation. Good Luck on your next cycle xxx

I remember scouring the internet for success stories after my zero fertilisation cycle. Well, now I am one of them.

We did ICSI the next time and got great fertilisation rates and I now have twins sleeping next door.

You have every reason to hope for the next time! Hope it goes well.

We went straight to ICSI. 26 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, 10 fertilized and I think 8 made it to day 5. Our first cycle failed, and I am currently 32 weeks pregnant from our FET. I think ICSI is WAAAY more likely to be sucessful. At my clinic (CNY Fertility), he does ICSI on everyone who does IVF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->