• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Uni and bub!

jesssika

Mummy to Charlotte
Reaction score
Anyone else planning continue/ start to do uni with baby?

I'm going to start distance education (online education for you American gals!) next term, and I'm due in the middle of the last term of this year so I don't know if I should just defer from the start of the term or the end (can't defer in the middle without "academic penalty") because I really wanna spend the first weeks of LO's life with him/her and OH as a family without distractions!!

What are you guys doing?

I have just been made assistant manager at work and I have my managers coursework still to finish so when I found out I was pregnant I was so scared I would loose my position but work said its all good . I know its going to be hard work but im willing to put in the effort and im planning on returning back to work when bubba is 6 months old. I have the support of both my parents and my partners parents too so im lucky :)

Hehe I remember posting this not so long ago. I'm doing health and start midwifery and LO will be 4-5 months when I start. I just know if I don't start next year I won't go back xo

I have just been made assistant manager at work and I have my managers coursework still to finish so when I found out I was pregnant I was so scared I would loose my position but work said its all good . I know its going to be hard work but im willing to put in the effort and im planning on returning back to work when bubba is 6 months old. I have the support of both my parents and my partners parents too so im lucky :)

Oh wow! Well congratulations :) and good luck! :flower:

Hehe I remember posting this not so long ago. I'm doing health and start midwifery and LO will be 4-5 months when I start. I just know if I don't start next year I won't go back xo

:haha: That sounds like fun! I'm currently doing a bridging course at my university to get some prerequisites but I finish that in a couple of weeks and start my Bachelor of Psychology in the coming term :) and I know the feeling hey! If i even so much as have a day off I find it hard to go back! xx

Awww awesome hun! Good for you, because yep it's so hard to get back into it! Especially being pregnant :haha: xx

My plan was always to start University in January (that's when the first semester starts in this country). And I decided that I will continue with that plan even though I will have a baby by that point. She will be about 4 months old when I start Uni though and my mother will look after her during the day.

im a mam and just graduated my first uni and finishing my first year at my second uni :)

My plan was always to start University in January (that's when the first semester starts in this country). And I decided that I will continue with that plan even though I will have a baby by that point. She will be about 4 months old when I start Uni though and my mother will look after her during the day.

First semester starts January here too and I had your exact same plan and LO will be about same age as yours :) What a coincidence! Will still follow through with it like you, gotta do it for our LO's now hey :)

You too! Lucky you can do distance learning, I can't for what I wana do :(

Obviously I can't do my practical work placement distance :haha: but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->