Unique Little Girlie Names...Opinions/Suggestions?!

Momma Leena

Reaction score
Hello everyone!! :D Well, I'm newly "knocked up" (lol!) and already on the name game! I don't know the gender just yet so I'm starting with bb girl names. I'd love some opinions on what I'm interested in or other suggestions would be great! I'm absolutely in love with anything unique (Indie, Earthy, Rockstarish) as I have an extremely unique name myself.. not Leena but close. Trust me when I tell you that NOBODY has my name.. I've googled it, lol!! ;)

Some of the names that have intrigued me are:
Saylor, Skylar, Ridley, Harlow, Hadley, Charlee, Braylee, Emberlee...

Middle names that I quite like are:
Kate (my grandmother's name is Katherine), Heather (my mother's name), Alona (mother-in-law's name) Mona (grandmother-in-law's name), Kenzie, Brynn, Blu, Posy...

So, what do you think? Anybody have any other name suggestions/combos?? Geez, this is hard! It's been over 16yrs since I've had to do this!!! :wacko:

I like Skylar Kate! It's cute.

a few off my list were...

Eternity
Ebony
Autumn
Savannah
Serenity
Serren (means star)
Ember
Shamia

OH was having none of it :( lol

Saylor - 9/10 this is pretty unique/haven't heard it before
Skylar - 5/10 I love this but it isn't that rare/unique really
Ridley - 7/10 not sure if I like it but I dont know of anyone with it but have heard it before
Harlow - 4/10 nicole richie and joel madden which is all you'll ever hear so not unique
Hadley - 7/10 not sure if I like it but I dont know of anyone with it but have heard it before
Charlee - 3/10 not unique at all, infact know lots of little girls called charlie
Braylee - 3/10 dont like it and heard it quite a few times before
Emberlee - 8/10 the names nice but I would personally change the spelling

Kate (my grandmother's name is Katherine)
Heather (my mother's name)
Alona (mother-in-law's name)
Mona (grandmother-in-law's name)
^ nice names and nice meanings
Kenzie - personally always though this sounds like a clowns name
Brynn - not bad
Blu - far to trendy and becoming common
Posy - too little girly to me wont age well

my favorites would be:

Emberly Heather - beautiful and feminine but doesn't sound to trendy or silly

Saylor Kate - pretty damn unique lol but flows well and offers her a funky, fun first name and a middle name if she wants to be a lawyer etc...

Skylar Brynn - I like this and the flow (very much my taste in names) but dont think its truly one of a kind (as I know 3 women considering Skye or Skylar for a girl) but its great

The first thing I notice is that most of the names just look spelt wrong as opposed to seemingy unique. They just end up looking like you cant spell. I appreciate that isn't what has happened here but I just wanted to offer that opinion :) however I really like your choice of middle names !

The first thing I notice is that most of the names just look spelt wrong as opposed to seeming unique. They just end up looking like you cant spell.

She kind of has a point.

And personally I think of Brynn as a boys name (that could just be because it's my dads name).

It means 'hill'. Not a particularly pretty meaning.

I still like Skylar Kate though :flower:

I prefer Skyler (with an e)

But my favourite is definitely Emberly Heather, like a PP said its so feminine & unique, very cute name! :cloud9:

Saylor - 0/10 - I presume its pronounced Sailor....what about Sawyer ("soy-er")?
Skylar - 8/10 - where I am this name is very rare.
Ridley - 2/10 - not for me
Harlow - I think Harlet which is ummmm whore. But thats what I think not what others would associate.
Hadley - 5/10
Charlee - 7/10 is it Shar or like Charlie? either I like.
Braylee - 9/10
Emberlee - 5/10 -

Kate (my grandmother's name is Katherine), Heather (my mother's name), Alona (mother-in-law's name) Mona (grandmother-in-law's name), Kenzie, Brynn, Blu, Posy...

I like Mona and Brynn. Kate is classic and strong.

Names you might like:

Nikita
Katrina
Serene/Serena/Serenity
Celestine
Cora
Crystal/Kristal
Adele
Ariel/Arielle
Saskia (Sassy)
Saffron (Saffy)
Ruby
Scarlett
Ember/Amber
Camille
Belle

I like Ripley, Starling, Sawyer and Seneca. All vetoed by DH, although did he like the 1st 2. Hey for Alien and Silence of the Lambs, lol.

I like Saylor and Skylar out of those listed, mostly because I don't care for the E sound on the end of names as much. I love them both with Kate!

I really love Hadley!! What about Marlowe? I love that as well!! Good choices! GL

Thanks everyone! You guys are awesome!! Checkin in regularly so gimme all you got, lol!! I don't know if it was in this post or another but I saw the name Brynlee (whatever sp!)...any thoughts on this one?

I don't know if it was in this post or another but I saw the name Brynlee (whatever sp!)...any thoughts on this one?

Personally I can never think of Bryn/Brynn/similar names as girly.

I think I have said this in another post but, it comes from the Welsh word for 'hill'. (Not girly lol) It may be completely different around where you are but I know quite a few Bryns here and they are all male!

I like Skylar :)

I had:

Sierra and Taya down on my list of girl names oh said no though!

I don't know if it was in this post or another but I saw the name Brynlee (whatever sp!)...any thoughts on this one?

Personally I can never think of Bryn/Brynn/similar names as girly.

I think I have said this in another post but, it comes from the Welsh word for 'hill'. (Not girly lol) It may be completely different around where you are but I know quite a few Bryns here and they are all male!

I like that though

very cute names like: Isabella, Mia, Sophia etc... I personally think are really pretty but not names that feel right when I think about my future daughter, I like unisex (or even male) middle names it adds a sharper feel to the name, things like: Avery, Bayle, Billy, Wynn etc....

I know a girl named Brynn and a guy named Brin, they are good names and fit them both wonderfully.

I like Harlow, but I decided against it because of the whole harlot thing. :( Sad. It's such a good name.

Brynlee is really cute and has a billion great possible nn, if that's what you are looking for. :)

What about Asenath? I've only known one person named Asenath (Ah-sen-eth) but everyone called her Sena (Sen-a).

I'm not a fan of Saylor because of it sounding like Sailor, but someone else suggested Sawyer and I think for a girl that would be soooo unique.

My niece is called Azaria and I just love it. My baby girl is probably going to be named Willow Raven. x

We are having skyla for our dd so loving skylar :)
If I could have talked dh round though she would have been called indie-Rae or just indie, I just love that name but he thought it was to 'hippy' lol. Like an old man my dh

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->