University (and college) WTT Group

Ohhh hi everyone this is my first post! :haha:
I am in my final year of my teacher training degree my OH is doing a masters in television production. He doesn't know when he wants to try (but i'm guessing many years from now!) but i'm thinking about 2 to 3 years!
x

Hi can i join?

I'm doing Medical Statistics MSc and will be finished in September (yey as i'm getting tired of studying)
Also oh is 1/2 yr in to a phd

Me and oh are both 23, been engaged for a year and together for 4 years and although not properly ntnp have been a lot more lax recently. Ideally we'd like to get married first and be a little more secure financially so will probably start ttc properly in 1-2 yrs. I'm so glad I found this forum as none of my friends are at all interested in babies so there's noone i can talk to about all this stuff!

One thing i'm worried about though is that a lot of the jobs in the kind of thing i want to go into seem to be only 1yr or 2yr contracts which would make it really hard to have a baby i think? Careers that are academic/research based just seem to be really geared against women who want to have children.
For that reason I hope i can get a job with nhs or govt stats - some big organisation where the jobs would be longer term so that i'd get maternity leave and could go back part-time after.

Eek sorry about the long post, I think about the future too much!
x x

I'm an LPC student - can't wait to finish! Have not found a training contract yet, as they seem so few and far between, so the OH has agreed to consider TTC before I do one, possibly start of 2011!!

Hi ladies!

Princess_LV, if you don't mind me asking, how'd you finance your LPC without a training contract? I really don't want to get a loan to the point where if I don't get a TC I won't be applying to do the LPC. I just don't want that much debt :(

@ Althara,

I took out a grad loan - I was in 2 minds tbh, I considered deferring and working full-time for that year to finance the LPC afterwards, but was only looking at earning half as much as I would need, after paying rent and other bills. So I decided best bet was just to get it over and done with. In hindsight though, my advice to you would be to look into doing it part-time if you can, as the payments are more spread out, and you can work somewhere relevant at the same time (which will help nab that elusive TC!). Only downer is it would take 2 years rather than one, which would set the baby planning back a further year :wacko: I don't know how you feel about this, but I'm coming round to the position now that a family is what I want more than an immediate TC, especially with the job market the way it is... let me know how the decision pans out for you! How do you feel about maternity during your contract? That's another thing I am in 2 minds about...

Yay! I'm glad it's not just me :)

I'm in my 2nd year at university studying Computer Science :) We are trying in 7 months so I'll be pregnant in my 3rd year at uni then I'm taking a year out then

Can I join?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->