Unplanned, very quick, home birth of Alden Hugh.

Twiglet

Mum to 2!
Reaction score
Okay, so I was 6 days overdue, had been VERY fed up till the 19th and had finally accepted the fact that I was going to be induced / my babies did not like being on time.

I had a curry that night, not spicy but simply as I fancied it and was all ready to go to bed, Liam stayed and chatted to me for a while and I told him how fine I felt about being overdue suddenly and how our son just wanted more time cooking.

Around 10:45 I needed to go for what I thought would be one of many toilet trips of the night. As I walked out of our room, into pitch black, Liam walked in and I jumped out of my skin! :dohh: this is when my first contraction was but I thought it was just a painful BH so carried on as I would. 10 minutes later I had another, 5 minutes later I had another. In the end I went down to Liam, all calm and explained that I thought I was in labour but wasn't sure. I came into the living room and had another contraction and asked if we had any paracetamol...we didn't :dohh:

Anyway, then I felt sick, I told Liam I wanted my mum to come up [she was one of my birthing partners] and got him to ring her but the moment he came off the phone I was sick everywhere, I wasn't happy and really needed some relief as the contractions were coming thick and fast. Liam was panicking and Caitlyn had woken up. Liam went to see to Caitlyn and my mum arrived! I asked her to get me a bath, kept asking her to hold my back through contractions but then telling her to get off. The pressure was so intense. I got in my bath whilst my mum rang the hospital. They were very patronising and said I had ages left...the woman told me to get a grip as I grunted and sounded like some sort of cave woman through a contraction. I threw the phone across the bathroom to my mum and said I am NOT talking to her, she's rude...but imagine it as a teenage scallywag would say it :blush:

The woman told mum to get me a taxi and said they'd examine me at hospital.

-----little man wants a feed---

I was telling my mum the last few things I needed for my hospital bag when suddenly my contractions started coming one on top of each other!

I said I couldn't go in a taxi anymore and I needed an ambulance. I was lying on the bathroom floor, again doing my cave woman impression when I suddenly realised I had to push. I began pushing as it majorly relieved the pain. My mum was on the phone to the 999 operator at this point and he told her to go and lay me on my bed and to take my jeans and pants off.

He asked her if she could see a head, she told him no, he asked if she could see the waters, she told him no. Then all of a sudden, just as the paramedics arrived, my waters broke all over my mum :dohh: she told the operator she could see the head and went down to meet the paramedics who were talking to Liam.

I asked Liam to take Caitlyn to my mums as I didn't want her witnessing it and as our lift had failed to answer her phone :dohh:

Anyway, it was now 12:24am and I realised I still needed to push, the paramedics came up and began preparing my room and I insisted they take me to hospital as I wanted the epidural I'd been looking forward to for so long...the main paramedic [who was wonderful!] laughed at me and said nope your having this baby here...I told him I wasn't and that my neighbours were weird and all about a particular neighbours who's drumsticks I wanted to shove where the sun don't shine :blush:

Then I felt burning down there, I pushed through it, pushed again and pushed once more and my baby's head was born! It was so surreal as I'd been talking a moment before. On the next contraction I pushed my baby out.

His time of arrival was 12:41am and 5 minutes later the placenta came out.

The MW then arrived :rofl: at 1:12am and examined me and couldn't decide if I'd got a second or third degree tear so off in the ambulance to hospital it was for me.

All through this time my little man was looking around, taking everything in and was so quiet :)

I arrived at hospital and had to have stitches for a second degree tear...this was worse than pushing my little man out and I told her I'd rather push another baby out.

Anyway, two hours later, Liam got to meet his son and I got to go home. :thumbup:

I'm recovering, our little girl is very proud of her little brother and breastfeeding is going okay.

Having a homebirth was NOT in my plans, I was all set for my epidural hospital birth but it was the best thing that ever happened to me and if I were to ever have another child I'd do it without pain relief.

My first labour with little Moo was 5 days, slow, back to back, had lots of intervention and very painful [even with my epidural!] and my recovery took ages.

This labour was less painful, pushing was amazing and I really enjoyed it! :)

So introducing my little man: Alden Hugh Bennett born at 12:41am, weighing 8lbs 13oz [4.00kg exactly]

https://i711.photobucket.com/albums/ww114/Twiglet1986/40886_1608405205156_1086988171_31745446_5580611_n.jpg

https://i711.photobucket.com/albums/ww114/Twiglet1986/71876_1608424165630_1086988171_31745480_3618658_n.jpg

https://i711.photobucket.com/albums/ww114/Twiglet1986/73746_1608411605316_1086988171_31745467_2624533_n.jpg

OH MY GOD!!!! Honey you are amazing and I just adore that little family you have! You make gorgeous kiddies! :hugs::hugs: I'm in awe. What a great great great birth! :cloud9: You shoud be very proud, Mama!
xoxox

Wow! Incredible!! Congrats, he is beautiful!! :D

Wow!!!!!! It must have been surreal and terrifying while it was happening, but in hindsight is amazing! What a great story to share with him. :cloud9: You are a champion and amazing! I love the pic of you feeding him with Moo looking so proud. :smug: You did a wonderful job and he is GORGEOUS!! I love all that thick hair!

Congrats!!!! :dance:

Moo is amazingly proud! Apparently SHE did it :rofl: she gets so excited everytime she sees him but she doesn't like it when Daddy has him when he cries and gets very emotional herself!

What a great story!!! (although not one I'd like to have to tell myself ... :rofl: ) He already looks like a wise old soul. :cloud9:

Congrats, Twig!

That's a great story. I'm sure your little man is quite the celebrity back at the ambulance station. Seems like he already has quite the personality

Bloody hell Twig, what an amazing story!! Well done you, your son is beautiful :hugs:

Dang, you can really be proud of yourself! And a homebirth, unplanned but wonderful! And what a (i agree with the others) wise looking guy you have! :cloud9:

wow, you had him, well done hun, hes gorgeous and what a fab story to tell him when hes older :D xxx

Fantastic! Well done! You can be like me now and try talk everyone into having a home birth :haha:

He's gorgeous :D

Wow hun, what an amazing story!!!! You should be so proud!!!
I had a drug-free labour with my first baby and I am sooo excited to have another this time (hopefully in the hospital though! :haha:)! Isn't it amazing? To actually experience what our bodies can do???
Congrats on your little man, he is gorgeous!!! :hugs:

Oh wow that's so amazing, I just finished reading your first birth story too! I know what you mean about the pushing part, with my son I enjoyed that part too, was such a relief to finally be allowed to push for a start lol, liked being able to feel what was happening with my body, had pethidine with the first and freaked out at being so sleepy, oops lol

What a b*tch the midwife on the phone was, I hope once you got to hospital shortly after that she was well aware of the situation!! Still it turned out to be a pretty amazing experience! I'm so happy for you, and you're son is an absolute gem, gorgeous little man, big congrats and well done!! xxxx

Wonderful, wonderful birthstory twig :cloud9:

So unexpected yet so perfect in so many ways - am happy you had such a wonderful experience. I reckon A knew you wanted to avoid being induced and having intervention - a mummy's boy already :haha:!

OH WOW Twig! you did amazingly well! and you have one hell of a beautiful family! what a lovely pic of all four of you :D

Wow, what an incredible birth story, it sounds like you did fantastically well :hugs: Massive congratulations! :D

What an amazing story!! :shock: Sounds like you handled it so well! Congrats on your new little man!! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->