• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Unsafe sleep at daycare and how to approach

Ashley1012

Reaction score
Ds started daycare today. He is 13 weeks. He uses a sleep sack with wings to be swaddled. I assumed they were trained on use..

I went in to pick him up and he was asleep in his sleep sack in the crib. I went over to grab him and his arms were across his chest and it was covering his nose and mouth! I about had a heart attack. I regret this now but I didn't say anything to the teacher. I was just so awe struck. I plan on talking to the director in the morning but unsure how to word it.

I work in childcare myself and don't want them thinking I'm always gonna have a issue about something

I would be blunt. Its unsafe, if they werent sure how to use one they should have asked you for instructions. You are the parent and I doubt they are going to think you are going to have an issue with everything. Just dont go in guns blazing. I think they would rather you say something, than worry about it.

I agree, just be straight to the point without shouting. Explain that you are concerned with what you found and just wanted to flag it up as it is unsafe. I'm sure they will take on board what you say and will make arrangements for some training (possibly even from you) x

I agree with pp. Be blunt and to the point.

I would definitely have to say something it would bother me too much every time.

Hope all goes well !.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->