Unsolicited advice: Oral hygeine

VioletsMommy

Reaction score
So I'm sitting here with my bottom lip swollen and four sockets in my mouth bleeding because I had to have teeth pulled on an emergency basis during my 2WW and it hurts and it's stressing me out and I bit my bottom lip so it's all swollen and I can't take any NSAIDs because I might be pregnant, Which I really wish I could do for the swelling, so here's my unsolicited advice:

If you're not pg this cycle, and you think you might need dental care in the next nine months, GO NOW while you can still take NSAIDs because this is the pits. #-o#-o#-o#-o

Whilst I know the use of benzodiazepines isn't advised during pregnancy, I also know there isn't enough information to say they're going to cause problems. I know you definitely shouldn't take them during the third tri, however. Anyway, I took diazepam when I had a dental abscess alongside paracetamol and although it didn't completely kill the pain it really helped and I could sleep, which was also helpful

That sounds so painful. I don't know much about painkillers and which ones are allowed in the pregnancy or not, but I hope that you're feeling better soon :hugs:

Co-codamol I think is the strongest painkiller allowed during pregnancy

Yes, this is so true. Actually when one gets pregnant there are many things that one has to avoid. Some medications and stuffs. So it is better if one wants to check their health care. They do it whilst not pregnant. I have had people who had to wait till they conceived before going for some extra medications. And if at all it is a must you be on medication. You have to confirm with your doctor. That way they will be aware that you are under medication. In case anything arises they know how to solve the issues. Sometimes you might be offered some medications that may trigger something negative. I had a friend who faced this. But hopefully my clinic got her back. She had to stop her medications till when she conceived. That can even lead to some allergies. So to prevent all these it is better to stay with non-pregnancy medications.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->