Unsupportive husband. Feeling trapped

laxobellavida

Reaction score
My husband and I have not had the easiest marriage. We have very good moments where we are happy with each other, but we have bad times that are often accompanied by explosive fights. These fights are often verbally abusive. I made the decision to go on birth control because I was in the process of joining the military. I found out I was pregnant soon after. It was not what I wanted, but I accepted it. We were both happy about it, but I have been somewhat upset that I have to put my plans in the back burner. I am 18 weeks along and lately I have not felt like myself due to all the changes happening with my body. I have no sex drive and I am usually stopping my husband when he attempts to initiate anything. I have always been somewhat self conscious and jealous, but since I don't feel attractive anymore, these feelings have definitely heightened. My husband is constantly on his phone and he has told me he's on his phone so much because he has lost interest in me. Lately he has said very hurtful things, such as I won't be a good mother, I'm worthless and I'm a mistake. Unfortunately, I have thought of terminating the pregnancy. I have never seen him act this cold-hearted towards me and I don't know what to do. This is his second child (not with me), but he was in his teens, so Im guessing he wasn't around to experience all the changes. He has told me he wants nothing to do with me and wants me to pack my belongings. I am a full time student with goals but I can't help but feel like I am worthless because I've heard it so much. I feel like I am trapped and I don't like feeling like this. Has anyone else experienced an unsupportive spouse during pregnancy? What do I do?

I am so sorry to hear what you are going through :(
I cannot say I have been in a similar situation but I can say that nobody deserves to be be spoken to like that..its abuse! Plain and simple.
Have you two tried couple counseling? Have you lost interest in him as well
Me and my DH have been been together for 10 years and we have have had some pretty rocky moments too! He was a total jerk when he found out I was pregnant and kept telling me he didn't want it and treated me poorly in the beginning. I can relate there a bit.

I'm sorry I don't have much advice and i hope things get better for for you. All I can say is don't make a hasty decision that you might regret! Everything happens for a reason.
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->