unsupportive parents :(

Lhatch

TTC #2
Reaction score
I just need to vent and maybe get some advice or something. I am 24 years old, married, have to 2 yr old, own my own place (granted itson my parents land), in school for cosmetology, gonna be graduating in august if 2012, and my husband and I have decided to try to have another baby. My husband is an emt basic working for an ambulance company and makes decent money....our bills get paid, groceries are always bought, gas in both vehicles, & our daughters needs r always taken care of. I decided to tell my mother that we r ttc and she started fussing saying we aren't being wise &I should wait till I'm out of school, have a bigger place, more money, etc. Seems like everytime I want to do something or I am happy she has to try to put me down. I was so excited about ttc but now I'm wondering if we should've waited...I just need someone to talk to :cry:

:hugs:

Don't let other people's opinions put you down or swade your choices if you feel they are right hun :)

This is a sole reason I havent told my mum, after our MC she blurted that I shouldnt get pregnant yet and finish college and university, then get my dream job, get married and then try for a baby. It's easy enough for someone to tell you something like that but if you have your heart set on it then it shouldnt matter. OH's mum said exactly the same to him, although they think they have your best interest at heart they really don't by saying things like that.

We've decided to carry on TTC no matter what people have to say, they'll have to just deal with it :) There's no "right" time to have children, you just have to manage. God if I help off TTC till both our parents have said then OH will be in his 40's! Plus with me having PCOS it's not as simple, it could take me years to conceive so we might aswell start now.

Yea...as far as I know I don't have pcs but I knowow I do have 2 cysts about 2cm each on my left ovary and my uterus is tilted and curved to the point its almost folded so I don't even know if I can even get pregnant again! We decided to not tell anybody until we knew for sure I was but I couldn't help it. I've always said "if u wait to have kids until you are completely prepared and can afford it then you will never have them" that's how I feel about it but she dnt seem to understand. Idk...I'm jst gnna keep ttc and hope for the best. Thanks for the uplifting words :hugs:

Don't let unsupportive parents sway your decision.

I'm 27, DH is 32 and in the military, and I'm going back to school this year which will be paid for by DH's GI bill, plus we're facing MF. My father tells me I don't need a child and that I should finish school first. Gee, if we weren't facing MF then I would put it off. Just goes to show how much they know.

As long as you're sure your ducks are in a row, then go for it! A tilted uterus isn't considered to be infertility, I would be more concerned about cysts. However, they can go in and remove those. If you already have 2 daughters with no problem, are at a young age, then you'll more than likely conceive within the average time. Good luck!

I myself havnt got unsuportive parents but my OH Has ..well mother...and it has really held him back in his life and its such a shame. Dont listen to them and do what you want to do! Its their loss if they choose not to suport you. Good luck

Don't let unsupportive parents sway your decision.

I'm 27, DH is 32 and in the military, and I'm going back to school this year which will be paid for by DH's GI bill, plus we're facing MF. My father tells me I don't need a child and that I should finish school first. Gee, if we weren't facing MF then I would put it off. Just goes to show how much they know.

As long as you're sure your ducks are in a row, then go for it! A tilted uterus isn't considered to be infertility, I would be more concerned about cysts. However, they can go in and remove those. If you already have 2 daughters with no problem, are at a young age, then you'll more than likely conceive within the average time. Good luck!

I'm sorry...must have typed it wrong...I have one daughter that is two years old. Lol but thank you. We are gonna keep ttc. Hoping ill get the :bfp: Monday when I test fx!

Dont let them get to you, if you feel you have the time and money go for it :) Good luck hope you conceive soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->