Unsure about early mc

KansasBeth

Reaction score
I'm new to the forum and haven't ever participated in one before but have a question and hoped someone here might be able to help. My husband and I have been TTC for 7 years. I have PCOS and hypothyroidism. Early on we tried treating with metformin, hormone replacement therapy, progesterone, etc. I have three great step-kids and haven't ever taken any further measures to get pregnant but haven't ever done anything to prevent it or "stop trying." Due to the PCOS, I don't have regular periods and without treatment sometimes go a year without having one. About 8 weeks ago I had what I initially thought was the worst period ever. I thought because I hadn't had one in awhile this one was just especially rough, but I've since had two periods, much lighter and without all the other symptoms - VERY tender breasts in the days leading up to it, severe cramping and lower back pain, very heavy bleeding for almost three weeks (soaking through a tampon and a pad 6-7 times a day, lots of clots, fatigued and achy. At the time the thought crossed my mind and I wondered if I might have had a miscarriage. I didn't go to the doctor and have no way to know for sure, but as I watched a friend go through a miscarriage the last two weeks, I've felt stronger and stronger that it's a possibility. This has happened one time before, about a year and a half ago. This month is full of reminders about miscarriages and infant loss and I don't feel like I can even say I've had a miscarriage because I don't have a way to confirm it. I know I grieve not having been able to conceive and part of me wonders if I'm just trying to hang on to the hope that my body could still cooperate and become pregnant. I don't know. Any input?

It is a definite possibility. I had a similar "period" some years ago and had an inkling that it was a miscarriage (similar body issues and lack of a regular period also, I had about 3 per year) but did go to the doctor and had my HCG tested, which was about 300-and-something and went down quickly.

I didn't bleed for that long or have that much blood, but there was strong painful cramps, lots of clots etc.

My miscarriage was just like a period but slightly heavier and more clots and it lasted slightly longer than my normal periods would do so it's a possibility you could have suffered a miscarriage, unfortunately the only sure fire way of knowing would have been having your HCG checked. I don't know much about pcos but have you seen the doctors about it? Do you monitor your cm or maybe use ovulation strips? I understand it'll be hard as you can go months at a time before having a period but surely the doctors could help in some way

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->