Unsure of picked name

Mrs Dragonfly

Raising our toddler
Reaction score
With our first I knew the moment we were pregnant I wanted to name her Amelia if she was a girl. This time around I can't commit to a name! DH loves the name Madelyn and I do like it, but I just don't love it. So far it's been the only name we can agree on and any time I suggest another name DH asks why we can't name her Madelyn.

He wasn't keen on Amelia but warmed up to it and we can't picture our first being any other name. Will I warm up to Madelyn? I do love that DH picked it.

I never committed to a name before birth. I loved DDs name and was pretty sure that was the one but we never committed to it. DS I was unsure about - I liked it but was just not 100%. When he was born, we just went with it. I love it now!

Madelyn is beautiful! It goes really well with Amelia too. Have you got a name you could use for a middle?

I let my OH have first choice of our second-born's name. The name suits him. It wasn't my favorite name, but when it became HIS name and associated with my child, it became a name I love - because it's the name of a child I love. I do think you'll warm up to it as you associate it with your baby if you choose to give your OH first pick. It seems he's already associated it with the baby and really loves it... I wouldn't wanna go against that unless I had another name we both LOOOVED. Try, see if the association helps the name... Otherwise, maybe you can keep it as a middle name and see what names go with it.

I like Madelyn although I prefer the more traditional spellings - Madeleine/Madeline. Do you like the nickname Maddy/Maddie as I imagine that'll get used a lot? My friend has a Maddison who gets Maddie .. if that's any better? I def prefer Madeline personally though!

I never committed to a name before birth. I loved DDs name and was pretty sure that was the one but we never committed to it. DS I was unsure about - I liked it but was just not 100%. When he was born, we just went with it. I love it now!

Madelyn is beautiful! It goes really well with Amelia too. Have you got a name you could use for a middle?

Maybe when she arrives the name Madelyn will suit her more :) One issue I'm running into is I want to have her middle name be after my grandmother who raised me, but the middle name Ellen doesn't go with anything:nope: My grandmother's middle name is Lana, so maybe Madelyn Lana? Not that it sounds great either... Amelia is Amelia Marie and it flows so perfectly. Then again when do you ever use a middle name? I hate my middle name and it's never used.

I let my OH have first choice of our second-born's name. The name suits him. It wasn't my favorite name, but when it became HIS name and associated with my child, it became a name I love - because it's the name of a child I love. I do think you'll warm up to it as you associate it with your baby if you choose to give your OH first pick. It seems he's already associated it with the baby and really loves it... I wouldn't wanna go against that unless I had another name we both LOOOVED. Try, see if the association helps the name... Otherwise, maybe you can keep it as a middle name and see what names go with it.

I like the name Madelyn, but I do love the fact that DH picked it. There isn't another name we love, DH suggested Cora but I hate it:haha: Thank you for your input on how you didn't love DS's name but once it became his name you associate with baby and that OH picked it. :)

I like Madelyn although I prefer the more traditional spellings - Madeleine/Madeline. Do you like the nickname Maddy/Maddie as I imagine that'll get used a lot? My friend has a Maddison who gets Maddie .. if that's any better? I def prefer Madeline personally though!

I think the nicknames Maddy/Maddie are cute, and we've been trying to get our 2 year old to say Maddy when she says hello to "baby" aka my belly. I like Madelyn more than Maddison, but that's just me. Madeline is beautiful spelling, but it gets pronounced "Mad-e-LINE" to those I've known/met. My MIL suggested that's how we spell it and get her a little blue coat with yellow hat :dohh:

Yesterday at the doctors office I warmed to the name a bit more. A nice woman in the waiting room asked how far along I was and what baby's name might be. When I mentioned that DD1 is Amelia she gushed over how wonderful the name Madelyn goes with Amelia. Maybe it's just weird to me when my MIL says her name:shrug: I do love it when hubby says it. He's adorable and insists on calling her Madelyn, there is no Maddy to him - but she'll be my Maddy.

I didn't love any names when I was pregnant but my husband had his heart set on Abigail. I didn't hate it but I also didn't love it so I fought it up until the day I gave birth and I was holding her still having no suggestions that I was crazy about so I just caved and let him have it. I do love it now because it's her name and I can't imagine her as anything else. :)

Madelyn Ellen - I quite like it! As long as it goes with your surname, it works!

With my first we both loved one particular name right up until just before she was born and then stumbled across another name which we eventually picked. It's not set until baby is registered, keep that name in mind but keep looking.

Madelyn Ellen - I quite like it! As long as it goes with your surname, it works!

Thank you! I think it goes fine with our surname. It just doesn't have the flow like Amelia Marie, but that's alright.

With my first we both loved one particular name right up until just before she was born and then stumbled across another name which we eventually picked. It's not set until baby is registered, keep that name in mind but keep looking.

Still keeping our options open, I'm not one to get things personalized or monogrammed like some are just in case there's a change. I did have a friend who's LO they named, decided they hated the name and had to go through the whole process of changing it :dohh: I can't imagine the hassle.

My older daughter is Madalynn, so I might be a little biased when I say I love the name :haha: She goes by Mady most of the time, although last year in school she insisted on being called by her full name instead of Mady... this year she wanted to be called Mady though :wacko: Her middle name is Ann, which doesn't flow the greatest but the name was important to me to use so we went with it.

And I think Amelia and Madelyn sound great together. If my youngest would have been a girl, he would have been Amelia. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->