Unsure what to do?

steph.4192

Reaction score
Ive been BF my LO and i want to put him on to formula, but tonight when i gave him his first bottle of formula i felt a bit sad, ive tried expressing but by the time ive got enough for a feed he is hungry and i have to give him that bottle anyway.

why do you want to stop hun? are you feeding from your breasts? it does get easier :thumbup: if its painful or feels over welming? it really does :) you just have to hang in there i ff my others and believe me when i say bf is so much easier than ff :happydance: x

why do you want to stop hun? are you feeding from your breasts? it does get easier :thumbup: if its painful or feels over welming? it really does :) you just have to hang in there i ff my others and believe me when i say bf is so much easier than ff :happydance: x

I think it just would be better, because today i had to go do something and i needed someone to take me somewhere and they cant put the carseat in their car so i had to leave LO at home with his nan and the person that took me in decided to take there time and by the time i got back home LO was starving and i felt horrible.

I would express but the only time i can get enough for a feed is just before he gets hungry.

hun every day wont be like this surely? but i think as far as expressing goes its too soon, as your milk supply has not yet established and it takes a while for everything to settle down. even now if i pump, i don't get much and then another time i will get like 4 oz in just a few mins. i don't do it much either and never bothered thats why maddie wont take a bottle because like you say by the time you get to do it its time for another feed!!! what are you wanting? to switch to ff? x

hun every day wont be like this surely? but i think as far as expressing goes its too soon, as your milk supply has not yet established and it takes a while for everything to settle down. even now if i pump, i don't get much and then another time i will get like 4 oz in just a few mins. i don't do it much either and never bothered thats why maddie wont take a bottle because like you say by the time you get to do it its time for another feed!!! what are you wanting? to switch to ff? x

Yeah ive been thinking about switching and i thought i wanted to, but since he had that bottle, ive been unsure whether or not i should, because i know BM is better for them and i feel like by feeding him formula that im letting him down and not doing whats best for him, but it gets a bit too much for me to feed him everytime and his dad loves to feed him.

honestly if you wanna stick with bf it really will get easier:thumbup: these early weeks are so tough as you can never do nothing but feed:cry: but honestly hang in there :thumbup: in just a few more wks it will be better:thumbup: and the you can try pumping too:thumbup: just lay back on the sofa, eat and drink loads and loads and just feed and snooze:thumbup: and soon enough these days of being glued to the spot and not being able to do anything will have passed:happydance: honestly if you look bk at my earlier posts there pretty similar :blush: bf is tough:cry: that's why so many stop:cry: but the last thing you wanna do is stop and then regret it:cry: my advice is just take each day or feed at a time and say to yourself another day i can:thumbup: this is what i did:thumbup: and it worked for us:happydance: i came here for support and advice and have been helped every step of the way :thumbup: so i'm here for you too!!! :hugs: whatever you want to do :hugs: x

oh also i wanted to add don't feel guilty there's really no need :) your baby wont care either way as long as he's being fed :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->