Unsure what to do?

Discussion in 'Breastfeeding' started by steph.4192, Jun 5, 2011.

1. steph.4192

steph.4192 Well-Known Member

Ive been BF my LO and i want to put him on to formula, but tonight when i gave him his first bottle of formula i felt a bit sad, ive tried expressing but by the time ive got enough for a feed he is hungry and i have to give him that bottle anyway.

2. kelly29

kelly29 Guest

why do you want to stop hun? are you feeding from your breasts? it does get easier :thumbup: if its painful or feels over welming? it really does :) you just have to hang in there i ff my others and believe me when i say bf is so much easier than ff :happydance: x

3. steph.4192

I think it just would be better, because today i had to go do something and i needed someone to take me somewhere and they cant put the carseat in their car so i had to leave LO at home with his nan and the person that took me in decided to take there time and by the time i got back home LO was starving and i felt horrible.

I would express but the only time i can get enough for a feed is just before he gets hungry.

4. kelly29

kelly29 Guest

hun every day wont be like this surely? but i think as far as expressing goes its too soon, as your milk supply has not yet established and it takes a while for everything to settle down. even now if i pump, i don't get much and then another time i will get like 4 oz in just a few mins. i don't do it much either and never bothered thats why maddie wont take a bottle because like you say by the time you get to do it its time for another feed!!! what are you wanting? to switch to ff? x

5. steph.4192

Yeah ive been thinking about switching and i thought i wanted to, but since he had that bottle, ive been unsure whether or not i should, because i know BM is better for them and i feel like by feeding him formula that im letting him down and not doing whats best for him, but it gets a bit too much for me to feed him everytime and his dad loves to feed him.

6. kelly29

kelly29 Guest

honestly if you wanna stick with bf it really will get easier:thumbup: these early weeks are so tough as you can never do nothing but feed:cry: but honestly hang in there :thumbup: in just a few more wks it will be better:thumbup: and the you can try pumping too:thumbup: just lay back on the sofa, eat and drink loads and loads and just feed and snooze:thumbup: and soon enough these days of being glued to the spot and not being able to do anything will have passed:happydance: honestly if you look bk at my earlier posts there pretty similar :blush: bf is tough:cry: that's why so many stop:cry: but the last thing you wanna do is stop and then regret it:cry: my advice is just take each day or feed at a time and say to yourself another day i can:thumbup: this is what i did:thumbup: and it worked for us:happydance: i came here for support and advice and have been helped every step of the way :thumbup: so i'm here for you too!!! :hugs: whatever you want to do :hugs: x

7. kelly29

kelly29 Guest

oh also i wanted to add don't feel guilty there's really no need :) your baby wont care either way as long as he's being fed :) x