Unsure what to think!!

nicoley

Reaction score
So went for a ultrasound and only seen a sac..the lady is claiming I'm not as far as I think I am which worries me...she says she looks as if I'm 5 weeks..I got my bfp June 30th..she did say it's hard to get a actual size at this point...I do know that I could be like 5 days earlier then my signature cause I did ovulate late..soooo upset...

So I'm being told that at ultrasounds they don't count the 2 weeks when your technically not pregnant..so is that's the case and. The tech told me the sac looks to be about 5 weeks that would make sense seeing I'm 7 weeks...does this make sense??

I don't think that's right hun. I've had ultrasounds at 6wks, saw a heart beat, fetal pole, and yolk sac and measured dead on 6 wks with the ultrasound measurements. With this baby, my first scan was around 10 wks and again, measured exactly inline with that. If you got a bfp June 30 then its pretty impossible for you to be 5wks because that means you would have gotten a bfp before you even Conceived.

Was it an abdominal ultrasound or a transvaginal? If it was abdominal then I'd say it was just too small for the tech to see. Transvaginal at that stage is much more accurate and clear.

I really hope everything turns out okay.

I'm confused then have no idea..I don't remember my other ultrasounds being that complicated..I guess time will tell...not looking good:(

Was it transvaginal? I do understand what you're saying. Maybe you ovulated later than you thought?

:( very confusing. Are your pregnancy symptoms still strong? Any bleeding ? Try to stay positive. When's your next scan?

Symptoms have been mild so that is concerning to me..I do know I ovulated late..I know I ovulated June 21 or 22nd so that would put me more at 6 weeks 4 days ish..my signature is from the first day of my period but I literally unsigned nursing last month so my cycles were longer and I ovulated later in my cycle..aroud cd 19

She did both stomach and vag ultrsound

I had a tint of brown discharge a couple days ago very minimal..

I called back and asked..I said I'm around 7 weeks or so but was told the sac looks to be 5 weeks and she said exactly the sacs age is about 5 weeks so that's not including the 2 weeks your technically not preggo..

I don't recall this being so confusing..not feeling very confident about this

I'm frequently hungry..peeing...tired...

I was measured at 5wks 5 days today and that is about right - I got my bfp July 10 and O'd June 27. Was it a transvag u/s? If not, you might want to ask for one or at least ask the Dr to explain the calculations more clearly.

Sounds as if I was told fetal age rather then gestation..attests hoping so..I have 2 other friends that went to this same place early in pregancy and same thing

Any other insight?? Grasping at anything right now

Very confusing. All my ultrasounds have always been inline with my pregnancies. I never have to add 2 weeks to make it right. Sorry hun. Hope your next scan is better.

Time will tell..the only thing that's keeping me sane is that I know I ovulated 5 days or so late so cd 20 ish and my cycles lengths were really long..(cause I was still nursing up till a week before I ovulated) so if I go by my ovulation I'm 6.5 weeks or so..

Nicoley - if you look at this website, it tells you what should be visible at gestational/fetal age. Look at the section 7wk gest/5wk fetal age.

https://americanpregnancy.org/pregnancycomplications/earlyfetaldevelopment.htm

I am guessing you ovulated really late and got an early BFP. I know after I stopped nursing my son, my ovulation days were way off for a few months. Praying that is the case with you and everything is good.

Nikki..that's exactly what my cycles were like..cd 20 21 very positive opk..so +opk on June 19 and 20...faint positve on June 30...can't even say when period was due..

So figure based on ov I'm inly 6 weeks 4 days or so

Have they told you to go back next week for another scan? Usually they offer another scan if no heartbeat is found. Try not to worry too much hun, it can be a matter of days between nothing and a fetal pole with heartbeat. With my first they found nothing at all on first scan, i went back 5 days later and i had a sac, fetal pole and little flickering heartbeat. It is so confusing at this early stage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->