Unusually short period...

MamaBunny2

Reaction score
My menstrual cycle usually lasts at least a full 5 days, starting with a moderate flow to medium/heavy then to light/spotting. This past cycle, however, lasted two full days (October 4th & 5th). I used light flow tampons since I didn't have anything else and had to change once or twice throughout the entire day, though I could've used a regular the first day. I used one light tampon the entire third day with very minimal to almost no spotting on it. I figured :af: was tapering off for a day then would be coming back full force for the remainder as it has before, so I used another light tampon the fourth day with pretty much nothing on it. That was it?! :shrug: Then on CD7 I had unusual mild cramping that seemed to be coming from my right side where my ovary may be located, which was on and off for most of the afternoon/evening that day. I have experienced mild cramps before :af: came and also get dull cramping around O time so thought I may be ovulating early and used an OPK but got a negative. I also noticed an ever so slight tinge of faint brown minimal discharge in my panties over the weekend (CD8 or 9).

I have been off BC pill since mid-May and my partner and I have been TTC since, with normal menstrual cycles since June. :bfn: the day before my period came and I refuse to waste any more tests. Thinking this just may have been a wonky cycle, but I have never ever had such a short period before. We also got ALOT of :sex: in last cycle but I don't want to think anything... I've also been super duper moody lately (I feel so bad for him) for no reason so maybe my hormones are all over the place this month?!

Anyone else experience this?! After a few months of TTC and now this I'm hoping there's nothing wrong :nope:

I would take a pregnancy test just to see if it may have been a implant bleed or its also possible your uterine lining did not build up as much last cycle leading to a shorter AF.

Last cycle, I had spotting only when I wiped and it was only pink. It started when my period was due, and lasted 6 days just like that. Very light spotting that was only there sometimes when I wiped. I didn't count it as my period until I asked my OB (I work with him) and he said it sounds like my uterine lining just didnt build much that cycle and that it is still my period (especially since it was on the exact day I should have started and lasted the normal 6 days or so). Exactly 14 days later, I ovulated and I am on day 4 of my next cycle, which was heavy and normal :) It happens, it was probably your period. Yes there is always a chance that it was IB, but that's something only a test could tell you. Do you take your BBT?

I had been taking my BBT but not this past cycle (go figure) due to the anxiety and stress it was causing myself and my partner. The past few cycles have all been regular, with my O day alternating on CD13 and 14 and an average of 26 day cycles. Figured I wouldn't do anything but :sex: and see what happens from here on out. Then, of course, I get this strange cycle suddenly and wish I would've been temping! :dohh: I took maybe 3 temps last month just to confirm that I did O.

Oh, but I did happen to take my temp this morning and it was 97.18 so pretty sure that's too low for a pregnancy temp. I have just been making sure to document any unusual activity (short menstration, untimely cramping, etc.) in an app I have on my phone, which I was now soley using to predict my upcoming periods.

Oh, but I did happen to take my temp this morning and it was 97.18 so pretty sure that's too low for a pregnancy temp. I have just been making sure to document any unusual activity (short menstration, untimely cramping, etc.) in an app I have on my phone, which I was now soley using to predict my upcoming periods.

Pregnancy temps can vary based on progesterone level, if the progesterone level is low so will the temp if its too low the pregnancy will usually end in m/c. its possible your not pregnant and it was just a short AF .

That's what I'm thinking, just a short (weird) AF. Just hoping it's not cause for concern...

That's what I'm thinking, just a short (weird) AF. Just hoping it's not cause for concern...

Nah, like I said, my last one was so light, I didn't need a pad/tampon. Now this cycle I am having is totally normal :)

Had to revisit my post because I just finished another period and this one lasted two full days of regular flow and a third day with heavier than last time spotting. I had a doc appointment October 28th, before this recent period, and when I brought up my unusually short October 4th period he told me what sjackson310 said... that my uterine lining didn't build up thick enough, resulting in a lighter/shorter flow. My cycles have been consistent for a few months at 25-26 days, with a 12 day LP. My most recent cycle was 28 days. I'm not as concerned about that as I am the lack of :af: but wondering if each has something to do with one another? I've been on BCP since mid-May so perhaps my body is regulating itself after a few months? :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->