Up-cycling furinture

Mummy Bean

Parker & Dougs Mum
Reaction score
Just wondering if any one successfully upcycled some furniture?

Were moving into my late grandmother house this weekend and she had a beautiful 1940's bedroom set but alas it in that horrific walnut wood that every one had in that era.

So was hoping to do the whole shabby chic/French style and paint it grey then white on top and distress it.

But wondering if it will be worth it as assume it going to be ALOT of effort as there a wardrobe, dresser, chest of draws and side tables?

I have 'up-cycled' My tv stand, bookcase, kitchen table and chairs and Freya's bedroom draws. It can be alot of effort but i love them. My tv stand and kitchen table arn't very exciting just dark wood to cream. I'll attach a pic of Freya's draws i love them. They are slighly different now as ive had to change the colour a bit to go with her room but i don't have any recent pics. Excuse the cup marks it was before i got round to varnishing it.

My advice is to do one bit at a time and don't rush it. Once you've done one piece it'll spur you on to do the rest. I'm currently doing Poppy's wardrobe and making her some dinosaur handles for it from her toys. I can't wait for it to be done.

Attachments

• 536aa429831f3d55e2a89cbdcea6e9be.jpg
    536aa429831f3d55e2a89cbdcea6e9be.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 40
I just refinished a dresser for my daughters bedroom it matches her crib
It was a lot of work when I started i wonder what i got myself in to ... its very time costuming... but once your finished its worth every single moment .. old furniture makes some beautiful pieces to add to your home specially when re finished!

Good luck! I'll post a picture of her dresser or if you have instagram mellyboo44 go take a look pictures are on there!

been looking at that annie solan stuff...looks good.

Hoping if the weather stays nice can crack on and do stuff in the garden and it will dry quicker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->