Update: amnio results

April2012

I have a beautiful boy!
Reaction score
ladies,
I have posted comments about my amnio on others' threads. I did hear back and my final amnio results came back great-- all negative with respect to downs syndrome, trisomies, spina bifida. I am relieved. My initial numbers were not high (regarding risk), but you just never know--that is why I had the amnio done! Now I feel as though I can relax...a little. My 20 week scan is in two weeks. This scan will be able to reveal even more potential problems with baby.

Congrats on the good news hun! I'm sure your ultrasound will come back just as great!!

Congrats! I am very happy for you :D I have my 20 week scan in 2 weeks too (28th)! :)

thanks, ladies. i might even try to post a little bump picture one of these days...

So pleased that all is well with your bubba!!

I am having amnio done on Wednesday and am not looking forward to it!

Does it hurt/do you feel a lot of cramping afterwards?

xxx

So pleased that all is well with your bubba!!

I am having amnio done on Wednesday and am not looking forward to it!

Does it hurt/do you feel a lot of cramping afterwards?

xxx

actually, i was surprised how little discomfort it caused...during and after. I kept my eyes closed throughout. when the needle went it...i obviously noticed, but it wasn't really painful at all. While she was drawing the fluid, I felt a little cramping/pressure, but not intense. Afterwards, i don't think I experienced any cramping at all (other than the little cramps and twinges I feel generally due to baby). honestly, getting the flu shot hurt quite a bit more! (obviously, an amnio is a much more stressful affair...but not painful).

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->