*update* just did another OPK and its got darker....

welshcakes79

TTC + mum to Reebs
Reaction score
Hello ladies :wave:
posted a thread in here this morn with some pics and some lovely ladies have replied,
so decided to take another test as someone kindly told me they were suppossed to be done between 2-6pm...(ooops lol)
so this is one i did about 10 mins ago...OV on the way?
missed it completely? or is my body ready for the knackers yard lol?

thanks ladies
xxx

https://i56.tinypic.com/2zflo45.jpg

On it's way I'd say hon. What day are you on?

I should just point out that I use those sticks and some of my friends do - they advised they never get a "full" positive but definitely do ovulate. They just go by their darkest result

i dont actually know as ive been bleeding since nov '10 and had to have tranexamic acid tablets to get me to stop as it was so bad :(
i just decided i'd buy a bunch of IC and test everyday for this cycle for me to gage where i am

thanks for the info though, thought it had to be as bright as the control strip for a def pos....will keep an eye out over next few days

ta x

Normally it is supposed to be as dark or darker but this particular brand (Internet cheapies right?) for some women never seem to get as dark.

One very common thing they do is the right hand side of the test line goes as dark as the control line, but the rest of it is lighter - I've been assured that for these, that is a positive

Normally it is supposed to be as dark or darker but this particular brand (Internet cheapies right?) for some women never seem to get as dark.

One very common thing they do is the right hand side of the test line goes as dark as the control line, but the rest of it is lighter - I've been assured that for these, that is a positive

Sorry sorry - I mean the LEFT hand side goes as dark. D'oh

I should just point out that I use those sticks and some of my friends do - they advised they never get a "full" positive but definitely do ovulate. They just go by their darkest result
This confuses me a bit...because how do you know when it's going to be your darkest result? Wouldn't you not know until it starts getting lighter? I mean, if it's darker one day then the day before, do you wait until the next day to see if it gets darker? Seriously...super confused blonde over here! :)

They tend to notice the difference after doing them for a couple of months. As a rule of thumb, I'd say that when you notice the line get darker than it previously has been, get in bed!

Of course they may work normally for you. I'm just warning you to help you avoid going looney like my friend did (she's a member here and wont mind me telling you - she thought she never ovulated because she never got a "proper" positive, just a line that was darker than normal. After freaking-the-hell-out, she had blood tests done that proved she did indeed ovulate - right after the darker line)

Oh, okay. I am just disappointed because I just had and HSG done last week and was told that the rate of pregnancies goes up right after the test, as it acts like a flushing of the system. I am terrified that I missed my fertile window because my sticks have gotten lighter with each one (last night being the faintest) but I never got a positive. My CM changed yesterday afternoon, but no positive (where it's as dark or darker then the control line) test stick and now this morning my CM changed back to the bad kind.

will def keep an eye out for those pesky not so dark lines now x

i used the same tests, i'll attached my picture, i say you've got a couple more days yet till you get a full positive, i always get a good dark positive but have a look at mine

https://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee372/sparkles237/000_0009.jpg

Im using the same tests for the first time and having the same problem - so really happy for this advice. I think I should ov either tomorrow or the next day by the sounds of things then!
Will try and post my picture of today's later.

Do you really need to be taking them between 2 - 6pm? x

Is that the 'one step' tests?

If so I used them in previous pregnancies - never ever got the test line anywhere near as dark as the control line! I just took it that if there was a line - thats it - bd!!!

I wouldnt advise you to 'wait' til they get darker as if it goes lighter next day you will kick yourself!!

Good luck!:flower:

I had a really dark line the day I started testing (cd7) but it wasnt as dark as control line but very nearly! I assumed it was a negative because of being so early on in my cycle... but now im not so sure either!
I think I will have to start testing even earlier next month just to make sure!
If im ov cd 7 no wonder we are not catching the eggy!! x

Babydust,

The right time to use them is different for everyone. I've always had fine luck around 10am. Also, if you get up earlier than normal, your LH will raise earlier than normal - your body doesn't have a clock that thinks "Uh oh - it's 9am - lets raise the LH!". So, if you got up at 6am, you'd get a better result at 9am than somebody who got up at 8. Do I make sense? lol

Yeah that makes sense kates thanks!

I usually take them around 11am so I think that should be ok for me then.

Hoping we havnt missed it this time! x

I wouldnt advise you to 'wait' til they get darker as if it goes lighter next day you will kick yourself!!
Which is totally what I am doing to myself today :)

Just wanted to add some +OPK's using these ones. i had these last weekend...

https://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w85/staceyandjamie/DSC00477.jpg
https://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w85/staceyandjamie/DSC00474.jpg
https://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w85/staceyandjamie/DSC00471.jpg
https://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w85/staceyandjamie/008.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member