Update on Gabbi - colic, reflux and now happy smiles!!!

charlie07

Reaction score
Hi all

I wanted to share a couple of pics of my little girl and also an update.

We had an awful week last week and weekend. She was niggly after not being so bad, crying, eating but not finishing, cat napping rather than sleeping, terrible.

Anyway, after reading on here a thread out of curiosity, I realised that she was probably suffering from Reflux. I had never heard of it!!

Anyway, no medication (was going to docs this week), read on the net how to help relieve it. I started holding her for 1/2 an hour after feeding, not putting her flat all the time, burping more during feeding and it has made a huge difference. Don't get me wrong, it's not gone totally, but at least she sleeps and is a more happy baby like before.

She did get a reaction to soap the other week. She has had bad spots on her cheeks, got told milk spots but they really looked like acne!!! Anyway, got soap on her face by accident and she totally reacted to it. Her face evenutally went all dry and flaky. Water only, a little sudocrem, but not much but I put olive oil on and it really helps. She still has a small rash, including under her chin, dribble rash, but it is getting better slowly. She's taking after me, I can't use soap on my face and I also suffered badly as a child with eczema.

We bought her a rocker, Fisherprice Newborn to Toddler rocker (on the pics) and we keep it in the front room. She is asleep in it now, she watches TV, she likes Animal Planet best! She sleeps in her cot, mainly if I want to get my head down and of course at night!! Sometimes we have to let her scream but, touch wood, the last 2/3 days have been soooooooo much better.

Also, as we live in a 1 bedroom house and is all on one floor, so would be impossible to creep around when she's sleeping, we have made sure that she sleeps getting used to noise! Sounds daft maybe, but I couldn't do anything if we didn't. Not loud noises, but background, whether it be TV, washing up, microwave, talking, etc. She falls asleep when the hairdryer is on!! (taking after me!), in fact I put it on once as she wouldn't sleep and she was away within 10 mins!!!!!

So her she is, my little princess, growing so fast (according to docs, too much, told me to feed her every 3 hours, well that didnt' work last time and she got colic so ignored them and she is fed 3 1/2, 4 or 5 hours, she lets me know, and she is super, do you think she looks too big?????? 3.060 kgs or 6 lbs 7 oz at birth, now approx. 5.3 kgs or 11 lbs 7 oz, 8 weeks old tomorrow, too much weight in a short time?????)

https://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j246/Charliechech/th_PB100002.jpg

https://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j246/Charliechech/th_PB100016.jpg

https://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j246/Charliechech/th_PB100006.jpg

Aw hunni she looks so so happy. And you look great too. Not to big at all jacob is 11lb 12oz already!!! :) Glad the reflux is improving jacob still gets it bad even with gaviscon :dohh: but should improve as the time goes on :)

XXXX

Hey Ema, how ya doing chick? Have you tried the tips of naturally improving reflux?? My dad is coming over in a couple of weeks and is gonna bring some infant gaviscon, they don't sell it here!!! Bloody typical!!

Sorry, had to stop, Gabbi is dreaming and makes these lovely little noises in her sleep, so funny and cute!!

I have the colic under control fingers crossed touch wood, so couldn't believe it when reflux started!

It has been so nice for the past 2 days, seeing he big smile and being more relaxed, there's nothing worse than your baby being upset and there's no way to help them, it breaks my heart. So when she does have a bad moment, I know there's light at the end of the tunnel and cuddle her and sway (no bouncing anymore!!).

Well we went to the pediatrician yesterday for her monthly check up and also saw the orthopedic doctor.

P doc weighed her and I have nothing to worry about!! My scales at home weigh heavy and I thought she was 5.7 kgs which I knew put her heading towards being her weight. BUT, P doc weighed her and she is just under 5.4kgs!!! Phew. Doc asked how much formula I feed her in 24 hours. I said on average 840 ml, but sometimes more and sometimes less, depends on Gabbi. She worked it out and said Gabbi was eating exactly what she should be. YEAH, I'm doing it right!!!!!!!! I knew I was but it's nice to hear it!!! She's also 55 or 56 cms in length (she was wriggling loads!!!!), so all is well.

We went to see O doc and whilst we were waiting, the nurse took our details and said oh, this is Gabriella, your doctor has told us all about her!!!! She's the little girl with an English mother!!!! Everyone is talking about her, she's famous in our village/town!!! lol
Anyway, O doc checked her hips /joints with a scanner and he says all is great, he also moved her legs around to check movement and he says she's fine. We go again next month.

The colic is still at ease and the reflux doesn't seem quite as bad. She has her rough days, but all in all much better. Just need to work on that heavenly dream I have of her sleeping through the night lol.

Oh, she does have a very bad forehead at the mo. First she had spots on her cheeks, looked like acne, but then it went red and after some time, she now has scabs ready fall off just above her eyebrows, from left to right of her forehead!!! Not very nice. She rubs her head on my shoulder!!! Doc says it is genetic and gets it from me as I suffered bad with eczema as a child. I am still convinced it could be a form of cradle cap as I have seen pictures and it looks just like it, NOT eczema. So I got the blame :( I must admit it was my one fear that I would pass on my allergies. Anyway, doc gave us some emolient creme and already the scabs are falling off and the new red skin is underneath. It's healing slowly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->