Update on gd hb problem!

Emmea12uk

The Folic acid police!
Reaction score
Just to let those of you who read my thread about the machinery issue to test baby's blood glucose at home - that my me has got a machine she can borrow from the hospital but she has to pick it up after the birth and bring it!

Yay!!!!

Thank goodness for that! I was getting very frustrated on your behalf!

Why can she only pick it up after birth? I would have thought the significant testing of babies blood sugars needs to be done directly after? At least you will have plenty fo time to feed, cuddle and be with your new baby before testing.. if you decide to have baby tested that is?! ;-)
XXx

I don't think they will give me a choice tbh !!

Great news Em! Is it not negligence if they don't provide an essential piece of medical equipment in OR out of a hospital setting anyway? :winkwink:

Only if something went wrong but then I couldn't sue them for negligence when I went against their advice in the first place - I would be responsible too.

If testing a babys bloodsugar for GD is the same as testing a prem baby then they start testing every 4 hours ish before a feed starting at the 2nd feed so she would have plenty of time to go pick it up after babys born before it needs doing.

They want to test after three hours of birth

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->