*UPDATE* this was it... *PIC pg 3*

Hi Ladies,

Thought I'd add a picture of my little guy :)

And elaborate a bit on the birth story (SORRY ITS LONG!)...

As you can see from the beginning of the thread basically I spent wednesday feeling a bit ill and had upset stomach. I was also on a bit pf a nesting mission washing floors and organising clothes etc.
Went to bed feeling ok woke up at 5am having regular but mild tightenings across my lower stomach hips and lower back.

Managed to fall back to sleep through them woke again at half 7 when DH was leaving for work and they were roughly 10 mins apart but still very mild.

Unable to fall back to sleep got up around half 9 and everything sort of disappeared so I assumed false alarm. Came back about half 11 not that regular but more uncomfortable that before but disappeared by about 1.

Then 2 o clock they started again. Still not very painful but very uncomfy, felt like someone was trying to squash me from the hips! Layed down and they carried on one every 10 mins lasting about 50 seconds each then at 4pm I felt a very small pop and a wet sensation, stood up and kept legs firmly together and went to the bathroom and soon as I opened my legs I soaked the floor! Waters had definately gone!
Rang DH he came home and rang hosp who asked me to come in to be checked. Had to wait for MIL to collect DS1 and although still coming tightenings slowed down and weren't as regular.

Hosp checked but didnt do a proper internal so as not to increase any risk of infection. Confirmed was waters but needed to go home and come back when contractions were coming once every 5 mins (was advised to come back in morning if nothing happened and they'd monitor and if nothing happened after 48 hours would be induced)

So went home DS1 stayed at MILs to be on safe side. Went for a walk and pains got a bit more intense but still manageable and between 10-15 mins apart 40-50 secs each. Had dinner and decided at 9pm to go to bed to try get as much rest as possible. Didnt really sleep pains got gradually worse until 12:30 had to get DH up as they were getting too much and were anything from 7mins to 2 mins apart. Called hospital told us to come back in arrived at 1:15 contracting hard 3-4 mins apart. Checked babys heartbeat and movements and then checked cervix confirmed had entered 'active labour' and was 4cm dilated (was heartbroken at only hearing 4cm was expecting hours upon hours of more pain to come now!) Was offered gas and air had a couple of breaths but I just find it makes my chest tight so didnt bother with it.

Asked for water birth so they filled the pool got in at about 1:40 contracting hard still. Lost track of time here but seemed like I only had 4ish contractions in pool and suddenly had an urge to push! Told DH and he got MW but I was convinced I was just being a tart however my body seemed to be taking over and pushing anyway. MW checked and said yep babys coming! So pushed through the next few contractions... Made sure to listen this time when she said dont push just breathe and eased his head out (through that wonderful 'ring of fire' stinging) and then the same for the shoulders one big push and he was out :)

2:24 am he was born which meant my active labour and pushing had lasted a grand total of 45 mins and I hadn't taken any pain relief!

DH cut cord and had skin to skin while I got out of the pool and delivered placenta on the bed within about 5 mins.

Little man weighed 7lb 5.5oz and despite having a bit of dry skin was in great health.

Stayed until friday afternoon to both be checked over and have been home since enjoying lots of family cuddles! :hugs:

Thanks again for all the congrats xx

Attachments

• oscar.jpg
    oscar.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 19
awwww wot a lil cutey u must b so proud and well done for coping with labour like u did :) enjoy ur lil man xx

Thanks ladies :)

Feels like he's always been here now, well and truely settled in to the family x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->