Updated - Anyone had their teeth whitened at the dentist

AP

Reaction score
I asked my dentist about this and she says they use the bleach. I'm really tempted to do it. Has anyone had their teeth whitened, how many times, and how were the results?

I'll be following this thread as I'd like mine done too!!

I've had my teeth laser whitened once! It went really well and I was pleased with the results.

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/general-chatter/1112813-teeth-whitening-picture-post-6-a.html

It was free through a promotion but I think I'd like to try homemade stuff before I do it again.

That was good results wasn't it!! I think I will give it a go after new year once I've recovered from Xmas!!

You'll have to keep us posted. I need to find a dentist after Christmas then will look into it :)

I work as a dental nurse (for the NHS though so no teeth whitening.) Just to warn you that receeding gum lines are common and also if you have white fillings on any visible surface they'll be very noticeable after your treatment as they wont lighten like the rest of your teeth :thumbup: can also cause sensitivity so if your teeth are alueady sensitive I'd probably give it a miss :flower:

Yes I had mine done 6 years ago before my wedding using Zoom. It hurt like hell as I have very sensitive teeth. Managed two applications before needing fluoride to seal my teeth quickly as the gel started to get to the nerves. Even though you don't get that capped/white teeth look, they looked amazingly lighter and clean. Was well worth it though ;) Cost £500ish including the shields and top up gel for home kit. My teeth are still fairly stain free.

My old dentist was an nhs one any the offered it? Do not many?
I have white fillings :blush:

My old dentist was an nhs one any the offered it? Do not many?
I have white fillings :blush:

Our dentist is purely NHS and only deals with what's meant to be "vulnerable" groups (elderly, children etc) although we still have loads of "normal" people on our books. We don't do any aesthetic procedures in our practise including things like implants :)

My NHS dentist was telling me it was utterly safe, the posters even said so and that was a surprise to me. I am queen peroxide ffs I'm not convinced :rofl: My teeth aren't sensitive thankfully, never had any issues.

I would love to have it done but I'm terrified of the dentist as it is and the thread in GS about that girl who's dentist turned into the dental equivalent of Jack the Ripper and massacred her mouth virtually sent shivers through me :argh:

I had mine whitened for my wedding 6 years ago, it was actually my wedding present from a friend who is a dentist and probably one of my my favourite presents (I really am that shallow)

They looked great and every few months or so (when not pregnant) I do a top up so they whiten up again. I'm not sure how much it would have cost if I was to pay but I think around £400 back then x

I've heard those crest strips are supposed to be an affective, cheap alternative. Tempted to try those as it appears much cheaper :haha:

I heard that too but they aren't available off the shelves here (there's some reason, I don't know why :( )

I'm gonna go for it after christmas. I hope it'll give me a kick up the ass to stop smoking too (I'm not heavy but still!)

I've heard those crest strips are supposed to be an affective, cheap alternative. Tempted to try those as it appears much cheaper :haha:

Yes the crest ones are amazing! You have to be careful which ones you use though, you can get them sent from America on eBay :thumbup:

I had my teeth whitened for my wedding and they looked really good, but I haven't had it done since and to be honest with regular brushing they don't really need it, I just wanted them perfect for that day.

Nicotine stain is awful to remove. If its heavy, little will remove it besides hand scaling at your regular cleaning appt. If its more generalized yellowing, it is likely to respond better.

I'm very lucky not to have nicotine stains, just general shade teeth like most, the dentist said. With that I thought, I'm gonna do it!!

Well, appointment booked to get the moulds done tomorrow :eek: and then I go back on the 30th for the bleach and the finished mouldy thingy :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->