UPDATED: SA - Urgent advice please...Nurse won't give me results!!!

Sabine

Reaction score
To anyone in the UK: does this seem normal:

Just got off the phone from the nurse at the fertility clinic at the hospital. She has my husband's SA results. She refused to tell them to me over the phone. She insisted she wasn't allowed to give out results, and that we need to meet with the consultant to discuss them. She won't even send them to my GP so I can see them.

I am terrified. This must mean bad news, right? Has this happened to anyone else? Is this just common practice and nothing to worry about?

I'm not sure how much more bad news I can take.
Isn't endo and pcos enough?!

(The appointment is only on the 26th Jan. An eternity worth of worrying away.)

~Sabine~

www.alfabeats.blogspot.com

Hi hun, i know it is easy to say, but try not to worry. I know that it does seem like it means bad news, but that really might be policy not to say over the phone. Try not to worry about it over Christmas - FX everything is ok for you both.x

oh no thats awful been made to wait that long. I have no idea if thats normal practice, my husbands sa is not until feb. I think i'd be tempted to ring g.p and ask them, maybe they can request it?? it does seem a little odd to me that they wont' send it to your g.p, health care is all about collaborative practice or so they tell us at university over and over again - even had a damn essay on it!

Good luck, try not to think the worst it could just be a stupid woman in a mood who is doing it just because she can!

Jo x

Thanks so much, trying not to worry, but cant help it!!!!!
Seems like a strange policy. If it was all ok, would they not just say 'everything is ok'?
The fact she refused to answer that seemed strange to me....

just had a thought, in my gynae apt they say they won't discuss him with me or vice versa, since its your husbands test I imagine they could only disclose it to him without his permission. Its all about confidentiality! I'd get your hubby to ring, see what they say to him!

Jo x

Thanks jojo, I rang my GP and even they thought it was weird that the nurse was saying she couldnt send it to them....
So I spoke to the consultants secretary who said the same thing: she should send it to your GP if you request it (and i practically begged). But god bless the NHS, i cant get hold of her again to insist...

jojo- good point about the confidentiality, although she didn't say that was the reason and I gave her hubbys hospital no and DOB which she seemed fine with.
But just in case, he will call them tomorrow to try again. It's just cruel making us wait that long, and over xmas too!!
Thanks for your advice ladies, really appreciate it. (but still panicking - lol)

UPDATE:
Husband called the nurse. She also refused to give him the results over the phone (so it must be hospital policy) but he managed to convince her to send them via post, which she agreed to do - should receive next week.
He asked her just to tell him whether is was positive or negative. She said she was not able to properly work it out and the results could easily be 'misunderstood' but they are positive AND negative ?? and then she mentioned something about 8% but she didn't say 8% what!??!?
SO ladies, what do you think... what could the 8% be?
but either way 8% of anything is NOT good right?!
Please help me before i drive myself mental.

Thanks
xxx

ooh man- what an evil nurse!!!!!! i know it may be hospital policy but for goodness sake keep quiet in the first place if thats the case, i hope and pray everything is ok for you hun xx

she didn't say it was all bad so hold onto that thought honey, maybe 8% were ones not wiggly enough - now that wouldn't be too bad if 92% were jumping off the plate!

I know its hard to stay positive, but until you get them results you've got to try or you'll drive yourself mad! and as long as its not all bad - there is still room for improvement and still a chance!!!!

xx

look at it like this, and I know its hard!! youve been patient this long, just one more week and you can take them to your doc. :) dont stress and enjoy some BD time :)

Hey huni they wouldnt give me my OH results over the phone when i rang few months back
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->