Upper abdominal pains

Tami

Mum of one
Reaction score
I'm sat here right now with sharp, stabby pains in my upper abdomen. I've had these a few times before and I stupidly thought it was braxton hicks until I realised my uterus couldn't possibly be that high up. :haha:
It's the kind of pain where it hurts when you move, when you breathe, etc.
I don't have a gall bladder, I had it removed after pancreatitis, so don't think it's gall bladder related. I'm not sure what acid reflux feels like, but the pain isn't really burning.
The pain came on immediately after I finished a packet of prawn cocktail seabrooks crisps, possibly related, maybe acid afterall? I don't get it after every packet of prawn cocktail crisps, so maybe a bad day or a coincidence? :dohh: Maybe pain related to not having a gall bladder?! No idea!
Baby is moving like normal as far as I can tell.

Since I've had this a few times before and everything was okay once the pain eased off I'm not sure I want to call the hospital/midwife, but does anyone else get this or know what it is? :cry:

Pain has now eased off again, woo!!

I had something similar the other day.

I did some research and came to the conclusion it's baby in my ribs. I had sharp shooting pains all at the top of my bump

Says its worse if you have a desk job as you're hunched over all day.

Mine went after I'd laid down for a while

Yeah! I felt like I needed to breathe deeper too to inhale a full breath of you know what I mean...

I'm only 5' so I don't have a lot of space in my middle for him to fit so I think I struggle when he is in certain positions.

I read somewhere too that when your short you're ribs actually move to give more space so it could have been that happening

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->