Upright/koala feeding position for newborn

sezzolou

Reaction score
My lo is struggling with pretty bad wind and can be pretty fussy on the breast in usual cradle hold position. At night I now do side by side feeding which he manages much better without all the gulping, and wind.

Just wondering if it's ok doing an upright feed/ koala position for a 10 day old. He feeds much better in this position, doesn't keep unlatching and has much less wind but it doesn't look very comfortable and it's hard to get positioned so his nose is not squished in my boob. Is it likely to be bad for his posture? I can do a reclined upright position at home but I'm thinking about out in public.

My DS2 prefered laying side by side so I mostly fed him that way until he was big/strong enough for the upright position at 4 weeks. I don't know that it would be a problem if it works out for you, mine just couldn't stay latched that way until he was about 4 weeks old.

I do upright feeding with my daughter and have from about 2 weeks because I had so many issues with feeding I just support her neck and back and sit her on my lap, it doesn't leave me with any hands free but if it means a better feed for her it's a small price to pay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->