Upset with my mother

Night Flower

Reaction score
So yesterday we had my familys Thanksgiving (Thursday was my OHs). A week before we announced it to our families. We toldour mothers. My OHs mother is so sweet and respects our privacy AND our secrets. Not my mother.

She thought she had the right to say it to everyone before we announced it to the family on our Thanksgiving day, yesterday.

I'm still livid with my own mother and how she acts when she knows she did wrong. Absolutely rude and childish. Calling me crazy hormonal and throw chairs down the stairs yelling "Can't hear you". My mother is horrid. I love her as my mother but she is just not a nice person. Loves stealing people's secrets and excitment as her own and making it about her. The whole evening she wanted to say it to everyone. Then kept telling everyone we have a secret we want to share. And it made me so mad and embarrassed. I was waiting for that special moment but couldn't as my mom kept being utterly rude. I finally told people when 1/2the people had already left....:growlmad:

Luckily my brothers were understanding and very happy and supportive when mother was behaving badly.

Now I know never to tell her secrets as she cannot keep her mouth shut and let her own daughter and S.I.L to have a moment of attention.

Sometimes I just cannot stand my mother.

Wow. She sounds like she needs help for her issues, ESP if she's throwing chairs down the stairs!

Down the stairs Jellybean?! Where did you get that bit from? Made me chuckle.
I'd be really upset to Hun. Maybe keep your distance for a while. I would normally say sit her down and tell her how upset she's made you, but doesn't sound like she'd respond well. Also sounds like you know what's she's like and you've accepted it. It doesn't make it any less annoying and hurtful though.

Oh she did throw some plastic chairs down the stairs to refrain from listening. She will often do something like this when she knowe she's in the wrong. Its very childish and embarrassing when your mother has tempertantrums and then claims IM being hormonal.

:wacko:

Down the stairs Jellybean?! Where did you get that bit from? Made me chuckle.
I'd be really upset to Hun. Maybe keep your distance for a while. I would normally say sit her down and tell her how upset she's made you, but doesn't sound like she'd respond well. Also sounds like you know what's she's like and you've accepted it. It doesn't make it any less annoying and hurtful though.

got it from her post:)

"I'm still livid with my own mother and how she acts when she knows she did wrong. Absolutely rude and childish. Calling me crazy hormonal and throw chairs down the stairs yelling "Can't hear you"."

Wow, I would be upset about that too. I'm sorry you had to deal with that.

Oh she did throw some plastic chairs down the stairs to refrain from listening. She will often do something like this when she knowe she's in the wrong. Its very childish and embarrassing when your mother has tempertantrums and then claims IM being hormonal.

hope im not stepping on toes but it sounds like she maybe bi polar..
has she seen someone..

i know this isnt what ur post is about, but hearing how she acting triggered me to think about this.

:hugs: So sorry. My mom does the same, tells everyone, no matter how many times I ask her not to. She told everyone she knew on the day I got BFP with all 3 of my pregnancies, even though I was absolutely NOT ready to share. Only reason I've told her is because she lives with me and would know anyway with how I act.

Yes, you now know for next time. It's a shame that you had to find out this way, but at least you do know for sure. Again, I'm so sorry that she took this experience away from you, but you have at least one announcement now that she can't take away - when you find out the sex of your baby! Keep it a secret from her and make it a BIGGER deal. :)

I don't even talk to my mil anymore because she is so rude. She completely ruined it when my sil anounced her pregnancy. She announced at 8weeks on Christmas and her mother threw a fit because she didn't tell her ahead of time. I'm 8 weeks on Monday but still haven't made any announcements. . A few people know but its very few

Wow, that sounds awful!
Does she have bipolar disease as it sounds like it from her behavior!
Can't believe she was throwing chairs!

hope im not stepping on toes but it sounds like she maybe bi polar..
has she seen someone..

i know this isnt what ur post is about, but hearing how she acting triggered me to think about this.

Oh she definitely is and has many issues. :(

It can be extremely hard sometimes dealing with her and understanding her. Makes us all feel crazy.

oh, im so sorry about that...has she sought treatment for it?. Or she just copes and wants u to cope?

I can see why she did what she did...i know its hard to deal with someone who has that and refuses to seek treatment or just think because they have it people need to just deal....:hug:

Oh how awful I no how it feels to deal with an impossible mother! As mine is an alcoholic ( I've not spoken to her in 3 years) and she did this with my 1st pregnancy thought it was her news to tell everyone!! I was livid!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->