Upset with present from df

baileybubs

Reaction score
Not that I'm ungrateful, I am a very lucky lady and I am definately aware of this. But we had a discussion last time I was pregnant about clothes that make me look like I'm wearing a tent and make me feel fat and frumpy. I told him several things id like for Christmas, but he did his usual and bought me clothes (probably because he forgot all the things i'd asked for). And all the clothes he bought me were normal clothes (not maternity) that are 2 sizes bigger than mine.

They make me feel fat and huge and don't even fit me properly around my chest and arms and I don't mean to be ungrateful but it just makes me feel like crap :cry:

Bit of a pointless post I guess I just feel sorry for myself a bit, silly really I know, anyone else get bought clothes that are massive and makes them feel rubbish?

I don't know anything but from reading that, to me, my first thought was (him being a guy) it sounds like he doesn't know that there are specific clothes for maternity. But I could be wrong! And he definitely should have listened to you about what you really want! My OH bought me a really hideous over large shirt too. Men -_-

Lol that's what I thought last year with my first pregnancy when he bought me an overly large top. So I had a nice discussion with him about maternity clothes, so think that's why I'm so disappointed he did it again lol! Plus it's a waste of our money coz as a typical man he has lost the receipt so can't be returned. Guess I put too much stock in him remembering about my "maternity clothes talk" last year lol!

Thing is I feel so ungrateful coz I am lucky to have a loving df but I'd rather have no present than one that makes me feel like a massive heffer haha!

I think men shouldn't be allowed to buy women clothes without help from another woman lol.

men can be so insensitive hun!

i got dh i new laptop and some shoes for xmas, it got to the day before xmas eve and there was still no gift for me so i took it upon myself to get some second hand uggs (couldnt justify paying the price for brand new ones) and then xmas eve he went out and got me some perfume that smells like old women and while i sound really ungrateful too it just annoyed me that i made the effort and he didnt, even now he says ''i got you those uggs'' umm no you didnt i got them myself!

wow kinda stole your thread!sorry hun!

keep dh in the dog house and he may make it up to you :winkwink:

Sadly my OH is a better clothes shopper than me and I have to take him with me when I go...Keep it to wear around the house or use it as a nighty... It'll be ok

If you've lost the receipt can you not exchange?

I'd never expect OH to buy me clothes, I have enought trouble finding things I liek myself.

Why not get him to take you shopping next time or get you vouchers?

Love cakes - I'm not sure if I can exchange without the receipt, maybe I can but I would need maternity clothes and I don't even know if Dorothy Perkins do them (that's where he got them from). I definately don't trust him to buy me clothes but he just keeps on doing it anyway, think as he can't remember what I said I'd like lol

Joeys girl - Yeah I guess I could wear them round the house, just seems like such a waste of money too!
Plus I always tell him not to buy me clothes but he always does lol! Never listens lol. You're so lucky your OH is good with clothes lol!

Princess - oh no rant away Hun, glad I'm not the only one, men are sometimes so rubbish at buying gifts. This is why I kindly "ask" for certain things so he's not wasting money on things I don't want but he's a typical man. Last year for my birthday I also got perfume, sadly he'd remembered the name of a perfume, convinced it was the one I wear and it was the one his mum wears!! So I feel your pain with the perfume!
My mum just buys her own now and says they are from my dad, but to me that takes away the point of a present, it's the thought that counts right?! But I guess at least she gets something she likes haha!

Hon I read this on your post on my other thread! I have an idea, often if you take stuff back without a receipt they'll give you a credit note or voucher. You could either keep it until you're lovely and skinny again , or I know the vouchers are also valid for top shop which has a lovely maternity range! Try it, tell them your oh is a doink and I'm sure they'll take pity :) xx

Dorothy Perkins do maternity clothes, ul just need to go to a large store and check they stock maternity stuff there. Ul definitely be able to exchange without a receipt, just don't say they we given to you as a present, some stores are funny about that. Just say u bought them for a friend, they don't fit and ud like to exchange them. Iv done it loads in DPs, I always loose my receipts x

My husband tries, but he knows to just stay away from clothes for me. He got me skin scrubs and masks for christmas, and nail polishes. He knows that I like that stuff, and now my clothes are so iffy on sizing. Pre pregnancy I was an xs or small in everything, a size 0 or 2 in pants and dresses, now I am a size xs or small in maternity jeans and usually a small in their tops, but he knows I am picky about my clothes. I like them to fit, and feel a certain way. He seems to pick the things that either make my boobies look huge, or I end up not even looking pregnant, just chubby in the belly. He actually will want me to get regular clothes in huge sizes too, but I think he is finally starting to understand it is about emphasizing the belly and still being cute and sexy....and comfortable, not looking like the crazy bag lady lol:wacko:

IMO, Christmas isn't about getting what you want or think you need but getting things people wanted to gift to you, and you to them the same.

Cheer up. He was atleast thinking of you.

IMO, Christmas isn't about getting what you want or think you need but getting things people wanted to gift to you, and you to them the same.

Cheer up. He was atleast thinking of you.

I understand what you are saying and that's why I said I don't want to be ungrateful, because I know I'm lucky. It's just the fact that the clothes he bought me are massive and it makes me feel huge and fat, plus he's only bought them because he couldn't think of anything else and I feel like he's wasted money if I can't return them.

Sorry if my post makes it sound like I'm an ungrateful cow, but sometimes I think us mums just need a little love too.

Munchkin, pcake and tddunn thanks for the replies, I'm going to try and take them to DPs tomorrow and see if they'll give me credit. Even if I can't buy myself something now or for myself at least it won't feel like money wasted that way.

In the meantime though I have gone online and found Asda had some nice things for maternity on sale so I got some clothes from there as I am already struggling to fit in my normal clothes (showing mega early this time probably coz my body hasn't really had time to go back after last baby!).

I would be pretty upset, but to be honest, men are not the brightest, especially when it comes to women's clothing! He tried at least! My dad once brought me home some shorts and a tshirt from holidays - I was a size 16 at least lol!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->