Upsetting ultrasound

Wishx

Reaction score
I feel like crying...
I went in for my 20 week ultrasound and we have no gender, no good pictures, and a bad experience.
She complained I didn't have a bulging bladder (even though i had to pee so bad it hurt)and baby was sleeping so she had me go pee and completely empty my bladder. After that she rushed me off. I have always been told to give them the usb they give for photos after the ultrasound so I went to give it to her and she said she didn't save any...
I now have to go to my doctors Monday and re book in a few weeks because she didn't get half the photos. :(

Wow, that's just terrible!! I'd complain about them!!

All of the pictures she gave me are very blurry. I called my doctors to give them a heads up it will need to be re booked so i will have to wait until monday to see. I hope we can get it same week if not the following. I waited 4-5 weeks for this appointment and i was soooo excited...i pestered my OH for weeks and slept shitty all week because i was soo excited to find out what baby is.

Oh, that's really rubbish :( I had a bad scanner at my 12 week, puts a downer on everything. I'd push to get another scan ASAP, it's an important one and they need to check everything is OK sooner rather than later. Hopefully you'll get someone different next time!

Did you drink the recommend amount of water one hour before? My hospital say a pint (about 600ml) an hour before and you need to drink that much all in one go, not over the space of 10 minutes for example. Sounds like you did though if you really needed the toilet! I'm guessing baby was just being very uncooperative but she still shouldn't have made you feel rushed or like it's your fault! At my hospital, they send you off to drink some Coke and eat some chocolate to get baby to move. They then try scan you again. On some occasions you may need to go back if that doesn't work but they book the appointment for you there and then :-/

Hope your doc is able to get you a re-scan asap!

:hugs: That's horrible hun. I would suggest a private scan, if that was a private scan then I would be demanding my money back. With a private scan you will get pictures, can't promise the little peanut will cooperate but at least they would try.

Again I am so sorry you had to go through that :hugs:.

It wasn't a private scan gladly. I hadnt gone to the washroom since 4am and i drank lots of liquid. On my way there i was drinking caffeinated tea to help wake it. I think i just have a stubborn baby..my 12 week ultrasound it was doing head stands and not wanting to move much.
Does coke and chocolate really work to get the baby moving??

I honestly did not believe the whole Coke & chocolate thing, I thought it was a bit of an old wives tale but I've been proved wrong personally in the 3rd trimester where I've felt strong movement. One glass of Diet Coke and my baby wakes up and wriggles noticeably within 10 minutes :-/ I don't really understand why, maybe the caffeine? But it works for me without fail..

I'm less convinced by chocolate, but high levels of sugar does work. My little one went absoloutely bonkers after the glucose tolerance drink, she's never moved so much since!

It wasn't a private scan gladly. I hadnt gone to the washroom since 4am and i drank lots of liquid. On my way there i was drinking caffeinated tea to help wake it. I think i just have a stubborn baby..my 12 week ultrasound it was doing head stands and not wanting to move much.
Does coke and chocolate really work to get the baby moving??

Yes it does. Both chocolate and soda have caffeine in them. It moves surprisingly quickly through your body since it's a liquid and can get the baby moving pretty quickly.

I will definitly try it! I drank ice tea before my ultrasound but i watered it down since it was so sweet...maybe i shouldnt have lol

I'm sorry you had such a miserable experience. There is no way she should have treated you that way. It is her job, after all, to get clear pictures, no matter how long it takes to get them. I'd suggest what everyone else said, to drink a caffeinated beverage right before you go in or even while you're sitting in the waiting room. I would also push to get that scan moved up. After all it isn't your fault the tech wouldn't work with you, especially since you had a full bladder. I hope your next scan goes better, hun :hugs:

I never drink the recommended water :rofl:

But I had a shitty tech for my anatomy scan, so I totally empathize. :hugs: I second the others to complain and sorry you have to rebook. I would be upfront as soon as you walk in that you want the pictures just to be clear. I hope the scan can be booked soon! So sorry for your experience :(

I go to my doctors tomorrow so i'm going to have them reschedule asap since i'm going on a mini vacation soon. I'm nervous im going to get the same tech!

That sounds horrible :( hopefully you can get another one and have a better experience!

They can't specify a tech :/ they sent my doctor the report and blamed my bladder which made no sense. They re booked me for next Tuesday. If I couldn't make that date they only left June 3rd open which is way too late for a 20 week scan lol

Lame well hopefully it's not the same lady. Though tbh if they have more than one tech it seems to me like something that could be done. You always have a right to refuse a doctor or nurse that makes you uncomfortable, I would imagine the tech would be the same. Shrugs anywho yay Tuesday! Hopefully this experience will be better. My second tech for my anatomy was wonderful both skill and personality wise.

I had this too so went to a lovely private clinic. It's so rubbish when you get a miserable tech.

I have my scan re scheduled for this afternoon but I'm not excited what so ever...I'm nervous. I feel like I have to get my bladder to the point I cant sit lol everytime I go in they make me empty my bladder a bit since I have a small one that fills up quickly.

Good luck this afternoon!

I'm curious about the coke and chocolate trick. I wonder if it's more the sugar than the caffiene? I have a small 6 oz cup of coffee every morning and the baby sleeps right through it every day. (Maybe I just have a bub who likes to sleep in? hahahaha)

Anyway - I've been dying for my wife to feel the baby kick. I'm not a soda drinker - maybe I should grab a sprite or something one evening and see if that does the trick?

Can't wait to hear your update! What time is the scan?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->