ur thoughts please

mummylove

Reaction score
I have been thinking and i was thinking of doing a sponsored swim to help raise money for huckleberry nursery (summer and lucas's nurser) I was thinking of raising money so they can get new toys for the children as a lot of the toys re breaking. Does this sound stupid to do ?

I would have concerns that nursery toys are breaking and they have no funds to replace them if I am honest. Is this a private nursery or council run as it doesn't sound very well run at all. I know both council and private nursery often arrange their own sponsorship for buying specific equipment where they can't justify using the budget but for just broken toys I see alarm bells ringing in terms of the quality of nursery.

They have funds but i wanted to help out us they was there fo rme through my tough time. The toys are breaking through wear. I am not saying they cant afford new. I just wanted to help to raise some money. But never mind i said anything it just gets taken the wrong way!

I think that sounds a fab idea, if my daughter has any old toys she no longer play with I just hand them over to her nursery, can't do no harm :) I say go for it x

Thats what i do. Even the clothes but only give them the decent ones with no marks. So then if a child has a accident and doesnt have spare clothes the nursery always has them Ive gave them toys the kids dont play with anymore. Yes i could sell them but i would rather give them to nursery cus they are going to a good home and our helping plenty of kids. I only wanted to do this as a fund raiser just like schools do

I'm sure the nursery would greatly appreciate it, go for it!

I wasn't saying you shouldn't, but it did sound a bit like the nursery wasn't doing well from your post iykwim. I would go in and ask them, our nursery does fundraising through the kids but they don't accept independant fundraisers using their name from parents etc, they do accept donations though

I think your idea is a lovely idea hun!

Your post sounds to me sounds like you just want to help out.

:hugs:

I am sorry if people cant understand the post i suffer with learning difficulties so its hard for me sometimes. I am going to speak to them on thursday when i take the kids. If i end up doing it myself i will just give them the money i raise as a donation

No it read to me like you wanted to help out too Hun, it was just the reason for it being necessary I was a bit ? About x

Its just more about giving something back for everything they have done for me. Yes things are starting to break through wear and they always get replacements but wouldnt extra money help get better things for the children. I think as well it makes me feel like ive got something to work for. I dont have much going on in my life cus of my disability so to help someone else would be good and its something good as well. It just doesnt help one person it helps about 70 kids that go there through the hole week

My children went to a private nursery for a while, so many children pass through and toys of course get broken or worn down... they always accepted good condition second toys that my children had outgrown.

Their most recent nursery/pre-school was charity funded and they do a lot of fundraising. Can say as well that they were FANTASTIC, never a grumble or concern from me.

Either way I think it's a lovely idea if it be charity ran, part or not. Extra activities, learning and so on can only be a bonus if they are funded as they will have a budget no doubt a tight one with today's costs. I would ask them if they do fundraising it may be they don't but certainly if they do there is nothing wrong with that... What a lovely selfless idea. Good luck if you do. :D

I think it sounds like a great idea. Daniel's preschool often have fundraisers to help pay for new toys. His latest one is a sponsored treasure hunt to help pay for their summer outing.
Do it.

It's a lovely idea and really thoughtful of you. From my own experiences through work every bit of help and support is greatly appreciated xx

I spoke to the nursery on thursday and they said i can do it and they are very thankful and said its very nice of me. Ive never done anything like this before and it makes me feel good and something to work towards. Even if its a few hundred pounds least its something

Good luck! Sounds like a lovely idea.

Good luck :) such a nice thing to do!!

They are going to be sorting the sponsor form out after Easter and im gong to do a month of training then set a date to do it. i am quite excited

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->