Uretha after childbirth

sunshine03

Mother of 1
Reaction score
Hi,
I had a vaginal delivery 3 weeks ago with a 2nd degree tear of the vaginal wall. When I've had a look I can noticeably see my uretha - I don't recall ever been able to see it before. I have a heavy feeling sometimes in that area, no pain at all and have control over my bladder. Anyone else have this?
I'm guessing with a few months of pelvic floor exercises it will go back into place again. X

Dd you have a catheter at all?

I did and I can now see my urethra too now. I presume because it's stretched it a little.

Yes when they fit a catheter they use a gel that dilates the urethra.. that's the only thing I can think of?
If not you're probably right and it's just a weakness of the muscles, it might always be more visable but will get less so I would guess.
I haven't noticed it personally, also had a vaginal delivery and 2nd degree, although now I want to check haha X

No I didn't have a catheter this time although I did with my first 2yrs 9months ago. I feel totally fine in other ways but this is uncomfortable. Will give it another week which will take me to 4wks and see how I am then.
They don't tell you all these little things before having a baby do they!! Ha ha. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->