Urgent need of advice - mother of 1 and 10 weeks pregnant now doing it alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

itwasawendys

Reaction score
My (ex) partner is the love of my life. He was a great father to the 3 year old I have from a previous relationship. We were totally in love and so compatible. A lot has happened over the past few days that made me question all of this and I had to make the hard decision to end things. But I'm pregnant, 10 weeks, and it was planned. We were over the moon and so we're his family. After all of the recent events, at least 3 people have said that I haven't asked for this situation and that I should get an abortion, or at least consider if I really want to be tied to him for the rest of my life. My family also found out this weekend about the pregnancy, and haventer said they're unhappy but by no means do they seem happy. And they don't even know what has happened. My partner was the worker, I'm now 24, a single mother to 1 with one on the way with no income and a horrible situation on my hands. I don't want to abort this baby by any means, but how, how am I going to cope? I'm so scared. I'm also bipolar. My partner was my rock and I'm completely torn apart right now. The baby didn't deserve this. It doesn't deserve the life I can give it alone, and it doesn't deserve to die. I don't care what others are saying about me aborting it, it is a bit upsetting and if I keep it they'll call me stupid. But the worst thing is, my partner has gone off on one and said I should abort. He's saying if I being this child into the world alone, it'll be very misfortunate and he's also bad mouthing my mothering skills right now. Though hasn't said what's bad and when we were together he said he wanted a baby with me because I was a great mother etc. I just need some advice and support or experiences. Help me :(

Gotta start off with that I don't think your allowed to discuss abortion in the forums, ive seen lots of these threads get deleted.

Anyway I'm so sorry your going through all of this. A break up is tough at any time, let alone when your pregnant. Maybe take some time to come to terms with things, let the storm pass and then see how you feel. Time is a healer and although you feel like this now you may not in a few weeks. Maybe take some time for you and process your feelings before making any decisions. At the end of the day what ever you choose to do is up to you and no one else. Don't let anyone push you into anything, of course they are intitled to their opinions but it's your life, not theirs. Do you have any family, close friends you can confide in who won't pass judgement, just someone who can support you no matter what you choose?

While BabyandBump tries to remain pro-choice on most subjects, out of respect for majority of our members that are either trying to conceive, or pregnant, we ask that you do not discuss topics on abortion and terminations outside of the 'Ethical Prenatal Losses' forum.
Closed as per the forum rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh