USED Medela Pump In Style...

Felicia_D

Mom to 3
Reaction score
Let me start by saying I had planned on buying ALL NEW REPLACEMENT PARTS from the get go.

I have breastfed both my children (DD stopped at 4 Months on her own, DS was weaned around 2 yo), breast and pumped breastmmilk for both with a cheap little electric breastpump. I am now 19 weeks with twins and plan on breastfeeding them as well.

Just started a new job a few weeks ago and work with this wonderful older (late 40/early50) woman (we' ll call her "R") who is so excited and whos a grandmother (idr how old her grandchild is-or even the sex-as weve only worked gotten a chance to talk for more than a second a couple of times) for me and OH.

Anyway, sorry for rambling....her daughter has a Medela Pump In Style that Theyre offering me (for $100)....not sure how many times its actually beem used and honestly her daughter basically a stranger-aside from working together R is too.
Knowing that this would be a lifesaver, and without thinking abput it, I jumped at the chance to get it. Wont see her again till Friday and i dont have her number. Planned on buying all new replacement parts (tubing, membranes, etc) and of course bottles, and cleaning and sterilizing what I can, but still not sure about it (and Mr Google isnt helping lol).

Would you guys go for it or just spend the extra money on a new one?

TIA

I would not. Medela PISA is not a closed system, so milk and milk particles too small to see can get in the motor and grow bacteria and or mold. I am not in favor of any non-closed system pumps new or used.

Here's something that may help you decide.... :)

kellymom.com/bf/pumpingmoms/pumping/buying-a-used-or-new-pump/

If your buying new tubes etc I would be happy with it. The one I'm using is borrowed of a friend which is a medela swing.

I would not buy it since it's an open system. Someone offered one to me and i turned it down.

Are you in the US? Many/most health insurances offer free breast pumps. I got my medela pisa for nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->