Using a inflatable paddling pool for a birthing pool (uk ladies) help needed please

leighbunny

Reaction score
Ok i know some woman have in the past used an inflatable paddling pool for a birth pool, i have my eye on an ideal childs pool that is the same size and dimentions ect of a birthing pool. if not a tad bigger.

My question is.... has anyone done the same reccently or plan too? i plan on sterilising the pool and equipment ect before use but y problem is how to tell the midwife this?

im sure im going to get a funny look and possible be talked out of using it. but I REFUSE to pay £60+ for a birthing pool when i can buy the same thing in a childs pool for only £25 and use it in the garden in the summer for ds1 and new baby.

has anyone done this and what did your midwife say? did they try to talk you into getting a professional pool? or make it difficult for you to use the paddling pool?

please any advice or info would be greatly appriatated.

leigh 30+3 yellow bump

I'm not in the UK but I too plan on using a kiddie (paddling) pool. It's the fishy (Intex aquarium pool) and it's dimensions are quite similar to the La Bassine though it's round not oval. Right now it's inflated in my bedroom and it looks as though it will prove to be an adequate alternative for me though I'm a shorty measuring only 5'3" :D

My midwife was completely fine with it though my student midwife (she was a midwife in the UK and she's doing a course here to transfer her credentials to Canada) was a little skeptical at first thinking it wouldn't be deep enough, but after she saw it at the home visit she came around.

thats the pool i have my eye on im also only little at 5"3ft so thought this would be ideal

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->