Using bcp to regulate cycle?

rockstarlove9

Reaction score
So I got off the depo shot in oct and though that my periods had begin to regulate themselves as i had my period come in both december and january about 28 days apart. But when it came time for february's cycle nothing happened. Im still waiting for it actually and we're almost into the month of april. SMH. I was wondering whether or not bcp can be used to regulate your cycle and help ttc? im 26, no history of pcos or other fertility problems, on cd 61, and have no idea if i ever started ovulating after getting off the depo shot. Any advice?

I've been hearing that the depo shot can mess with your cycles for a few months after stopping. I know my OB was always pushing bcp to regulate my cycle, and you are very likely to get pregnant after stopping the bcp, BUT--maybe you should give it just a little longer to regulate on your own? If AF doesn't show up then a trip to the OB is definitely warranted, at least to discuss ruling out any problems or get you on bcp. I believe they can also give progesterone to jump start your period, depending in your specific case.

Oh and you could try using ovulation predictor kits to see if you are actually ovulating, but those come with their own set if problems - some brands can be hard to read/too sensitive, and all are fairly pricey. You could go all out on an ovulation microscope, I believe they pick up distinctive ferning patterns on cervical mucus when you're about to ovulate, but I don't know much about them!

Oh and you could try using ovulation predictor kits to see if you are actually ovulating, but those come with their own set if problems - some brands can be hard to read/too sensitive, and all are fairly pricey. You could go all out on an ovulation microscope, I believe they pick up distinctive ferning patterns on cervical mucus when you're about to ovulate, but I don't know much about them!

Thank you so much. I was going to buy ovulation kits and start tracking with temps but i don't know when to start because all my research says start from the first day of your cycle and i have yet to have a new first day at this point im on cd 62 and that seems like a weird time to start.

I had irregular cycles only 3 a yr. I got on bcp for 6 months and had regular afs every month. This is my first cycle off and I even ovulated on cd 19. If I ever get really irregular again i will get on bcp for 3-6 months.

I had irregular cycles only 3 a yr. I got on bcp for 6 months and had regular afs every month. This is my first cycle off and I even ovulated on cd 19. If I ever get really irregular again i will get on bcp for 3-6 months.

Im glad that worked for you but i really dont want to be on any bc i want to get my body regulated on its own with out all the extra hormones but its just taking forever. I went to the doctor earlier this week an they told me that it was normal to not have a period for a while after depo and that if it didnt come by july to come back grrr... so i guess ill just follow her instructions and give it a few more months

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->