Using Hypnobirthing during a traumatic birth - 16.02.11

:hugs: im sorry you didnt get your birth according to plan, but your baby is here and safe, and that is all that matters.

Jenni - it seems that we had similar births...mine wasn't as traumatic as yours because my cervix wasn't ripped...but I understand how you are feeling...I'm harboring a lot of anxiety about future births because I have no choices anymore when it comes to birth. The hospital that is closest to us (55 miles away) doesn't allow VBACs...and the bigger ones that are further away are very hard to get one "approved" and they push a repeat section...Again, I know it isn't as bad as your situation, but I really understand the importance of a natural birth - we both have very similar views when it comes to medical intervention, birthing, etc. I also used Hypnobirthing during my labor, but at one point it just became too much for me - it was after my waters broke that I was in pain - especially my back, and I couldn't imagine the pressure waves being like that from the beginning. If you ever want to talk definitely message me. Also, if you feel up to reading my birth story, it's on the first page of my journal. :hugs:

:hugs: im sorry you didnt get your birth according to plan, but your baby is here and safe, and that is all that matters.

It's not about getting the "birth I wanted". And it's not all that matters that my baby is safe and here. There are always other things in life that matter such as a healthy and happy mom as well. Sorry but this comment has been my biggest pet peeve of this whole experience. I'm some how made to feel worse because I wanted a home birth in the first place. It's as if to say if I was ok with having a hospital birth than a 62 hour back labour plus torn uterus would have been ok with me then. Not so much.

I'm so sorry you didn't get the birth you wanted :hugs:

Congratulations hun :flower: x x x

:hugs:

Congratulations on the birth of Phoebe, you've chosen a beautiful name :)

oh hun :hugs:

ive also had a traumatic birth and nearly 5 years down the line i still get moments where i flash back to the pain and terror but then i look at my son and it all goes away.

its way way too early to be thinking about another pregnancy or birth.

take your time to recover and enjoy getting to know lo.

Sorry you didn't get the birth you wanted. Congrats on your little girl =]

So sorry for your traumatic experience. I had to be induced and it was a nightmare. I often get "be happy she's here and healthy" but at the same time it's so hard to deal with the trauma that you just went though emotionally and physically. My labor was nowhere near as long as yours but the back pain was horrid from as soon as they broke my water. Good luck and big :hugs:

i had a similar birth in that i got to 10cm, pushed for 2 hours to discover he was stuck. spinal in theatre while contactions were awful. failed forceps and finally emcs. i lucky had a good recovery but i understand your feelings of disapointment and mouring the loss of a natural birth. It took me 3 months to come to terms with my c section. I am so envious of my friends who have vaginal births. BUT when i look at my son (6 months now) i have realised that although the birth is important... the rest of your lives together are somuch more important. Time is a great healer i promise xxx

It's not about getting the "birth I wanted". And it's not all that matters that my baby is safe and here. There are always other things in life that matter such as a healthy and happy mom as well. Sorry but this comment has been my biggest pet peeve of this whole experience. I'm some how made to feel worse because I wanted a home birth in the first place. It's as if to say if I was ok with having a hospital birth than a 62 hour back labour plus torn uterus would have been ok with me then. Not so much.

I agree. People saying "all that matters is the baby is healthy" makes you feel even worse. Like you don't matter at all. Your feelings are unimportant. Of coarse you'd never swap a healthy baby for a nice birth cause you love your child but you still need to talk about what happened to YOU.

I just noticed this thread is a couple of months old. I hope you are doing alright xxxx

Thanks ladies! And you are so right time is the best healer. I'm around 11weeks pp now and am already feeling near to normal! I'm still freaked out to ever have another baby after everything but since my consultant told me I had to wait 3 years due to the severity of my tear it has really put me at ease with not having to make the decision.

Thanks so much again for your kind words. You both seem to totally get what I was trying to say. :hugs:

So glad you're feeling better Jenni. Well done mrs, you're fantastic!

wow how brave are you sounds like you coped really well under all that stress, Congratulations:hugs:

glad to hear things are better for you. i found once i truely "feel in love" with him round 2 1/2 months (had bad baby blues for a while and bonding was hard) the birth started to fade away. I do wish they would warn you about dissapointment after a birth.

On a plus we have lovely babies and sound like happy mummys now! :-D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->