Using OXY on inserts

Jo1984

Proud Mam to Thomas
Reaction score
Is this recommended or not?

Like if there's a few stains that are on nappies can you pop them in a bucket with some water & OXY then put them washer as usual?

I do this with LO's clothes & all the stains come out them (so far) Just wondered if it would work with inserts, or if it's not advisable :shrug: :shrug: :shrug:

x

I *think* oxy contains optical brighteners which deposit in the fabric.

I think ecover laundry bleach is ok though?

Someone else will know better than me!

X x x

Also have you tried just sunning them? I think that works the best!

X x x

As far as I know, you're fine to use stain removers or bleach on inserts/prefolds/liners etc. I just wouldn't use them on anything with PUL or elastic, just in case. If you have a stain on a cover, rather than soaking in stuff I would get one of those Vanish bars - work really well for us - or just spot treat the area, in fact I've never soaked, only spot treated. I feel like that's better because you're not getting it all the way through the nappy. Whenever you use anything like that, be sure to rinse rinse rinse until it's all out, both to avoid build up and to be kind to LO's skin.

Thanks ladies :)
Think I'll try sun for now & see if it come out, if not I'll do the "spot treat" so not to get the whole liner full of stuff.
xx

with our stains on clothes i never find sun works so it amazes me that ppl swear by it for cloth nappies :confused:

^^^ I never thought it would work because ive never noticed it working on clothing, but I put a really orange stained nappy out, and when I came back to it couldn't believe it was almost all gone! Maybe it's the fabric or something but it really does work...

All my inserts came out of the wash orange the other day, no idea why, but after being outside they were all White again!

X x x

it doesnt work on clothes for me... Though I did pop a vhite vest on the line this morning with an orange spaghetti stain on it, so I'll see tonight if thats gone.

But it did work on a BAD orange spaghetti bib that I had. MIL fed him in one of his expensive bibs (Junior J) that I just use for teething dribbles & it wouldnt wash out properly. I left it on windowsil for 2 days & the stains have completely gone :) was amazed with that x

I agree the sun thing never works on clothes for me, even out side directly in the sun. Where as with nappies (inserts, pockets, wraps, etc...) all de-stain within a day in the window even if it's cloudy. It's crazy!

Ecover laundry bleach is an oxygen bleach, and it's fine for nappies, and much cheaper than vanish. But the sun is fantastic!

I sometimes find that the effect of sun doesn't always seem apparent right away? Like, I've taken something off the line and it hasn't looked like it did a whole lot, but a couple of hours later the stain is gone!

Either that or my eyes are worse than I thought :rofl:

I also love Ecover bleach, although I find it extremely frustrating how difficult it is to buy up here! :grr:

I also love Ecover bleach, although I find it extremely frustrating how difficult it is to buy up here! :grr:

I was just about to put up a post asking where to buy ecover... we've tried Asda, Tesco's and Sainsbury's, I thought it must just be me!

I've found it online, but by the time I've paid postage, it's neither cheaper than vanish or more eco friendly!! :nope:

Waitrose is the only mainstream shop I've found which sells it. Hence the frustration, as my nearest Waitrose is in the West End of Glasgow, and the only other one up here (that I know of) is in bleedin' Edinburgh!

I'd imagine you'll be able to find one if you're in London though :) I get my family to stock up for me whenever they are in England :rofl:

Oooh, thanks, hubby has just started a new job and there's a Waitrose just round the corner to him, so I can ask him to bring me some home!! :thumbup:

Ooh, it appears we now have 4 Waitroses in Scotland now (at least in Central Scotland). No chance of one coming nearer to me than the Glasgow one though, they only go to posh towns :rofl:

Well DH has just called to say he's got me 2 packs... And seeing how he's been raving all week about the wonderful stuff they sell I've said he can drive me over there tomorrow! :haha:

I'll probably feel like a fish out of water though as like you say Eala, it's a really posh area... A studio flat in the building DH manages costs just over half a million and the penthouse costs 7 million and I'll be tottering around their local supermarket in my jeans and baggy shirt! :blush:

Waitrose is the only mainstream shop I've found which sells it. Hence the frustration, as my nearest Waitrose is in the West End of Glasgow, and the only other one up here (that I know of) is in bleedin' Edinburgh!

I'd imagine you'll be able to find one if you're in London though :) I get my family to stock up for me whenever they are in England :rofl:

There's a new one in Newton Mearns if you're near by!

Thanks Jenniflower, that's one of the new ones I was meaning :) It's no closer to me than the one on Byres Road though.

I'll probably just hit the West End one day and buy every packet of the stuff :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->