• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Uterine fibroids?

tcinks

Reaction score
Anyone else have them? The sonogram tech said they don't really affect pregnancy or cause pain generally. But I've been doing lots of reading and am just trying to find more information. And it would just be helpful to talk to others who may have some insight. I didn't even know I had them until the day I miscarried, so I can't help but feel like it is somehow related. Although likely its not, I've never had any issues before. I'm going back for a checkup Friday and plan to ask more about it them. But just thought I'd ask on here too.

Please please share your experience with me!

Sorry I don't have first-hand info for you, but I have taken care of some moms postpartum with huge fibroids I could feel while doing a fundal massage and their pregnancies went just fine.

I did have polyps removed earlier this year and from the research I did (which often combined info on polyps and fibroids) sometimes they can cause problems with implantation and miscarriage, but it's really difficult to know for sure. Some have no issues at all, while others struggle with infertility that may or may not be caused by the fibroids. I do know that removal of fibroids from the uterine wall can also put you at risk for issues and weaken the uterine wall or effect implantation as well. Not trying to scare you or anything, just wanted to let you know the information I found. It really depends on where they are, how big, what type, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->