Uterine Fibroids

Beltane

Mother of 3 Boys!
Reaction score
Hey gals..

During a dating scan today, I was told that I have uterine fibroids. I googled it and did lots of reading but I would like to hear from someone personally. The ultrasound tech said that it wasn't a huge deal and that they would need to give me regular scans to keep on eye on them. If you have experience with them or have them, would love to hear from you. Thanks!

I just had surgery to remove mine on Tuesday. They were causing me to bleed alot, and making me anemic. The doctor also believes it was causing infertility also. I had a D andC and a hesteroscopy to removed them. My coworker just had her baby and she had a grapefruit sized fibroid and it grew while she was pregnant due to increased blood flow. The baby was perfectly healthy!

How long have you had them? I didn't even know I had them. All of my children were concieved on the first try. It's all news to me.

I have no idea how long i think a year because thats how long my periods have sucked! i think one of the fibroids was infront of my fallopian tube and also there was alot of excess tissue he had to remove. i think your fine!

I have one at the size of an orange 8x7x9cm. I didn't know I had it before I became pregnant and didn't have any symptoms so I can only assume it's grown since I've become pregnant. I became pregnant at the first attempt and it's quite low down.

So far it hasn't caused me any problems, the odd twinge and I think that I became more noticably pregnant earlier due to it. I read all the scary things that could happen via google but so far nothing has happened! The consultant didn't want to see me in between my 12 and 20 week scan and wasn't concerned by it at all.

I was slightly concerned about it acting as a plug so that I couldn't give birth naturally but the midwife said that it grows upwards and shouldn't interfere with birth.

I am due to have my 20 week scan on Thursday so I will see if it's gotten any bigger or whether it's size has decreased.

They were noted in my first pregnancy (she's 18 now!!!) at my one and only scan. I was really worried and scared so I rung my GP and she said they rarely caused any problems in pregnancy. I guess they are just more cautious about everything these days ( hell I make myself sound ancient lol I'm only 38!!) :rofl:

I have 2 fibroids one of which protrudes into my uterus. However they did not grow during my pregnancy, did not cause any problems during the pregnancy or birth. My Consultant was not bothered about them at all, so I saw a private consultant a week before to ensure they would not cause an obstruction during the birth. Googling is the worst thing you can do as it just gives all the negatives. Try not to worry:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->