Uterine Infection - Not sure if this is theright forum for this...

MishC

Has a little princess!!
Reaction score
Hi - I had an elective C-section 12 days ago which all went fairly smoothly. I had a bad reaction to the spinal, it caused severe sickness so I was in high dependency for 8 hours but other than that it all went really well. Today I went to the doctors and it turns out I have a uterine infection. I have super heavy blood loss which is really gross. (TMI) the blood is very very thick, stringy, clotty, smelly and there is an awful lot of it. I have to flush the toilet twice to clear it of red (I forgot to mention just how much blood their is to the doctor). I'm on a really high dose of antibiotics (2 different kinds both at the same time).Today my stomach has become really tender to touch.

My question is how many of you guys got a uterine infection post op? Did normal antibiotics clear it up ok? Did you loose an awful lot of blood?

I lost a lot of blood in the operation so my HB was only 9 to begin with.

This happened to a friend of mine. She ended up having to go back into hospital for a few days for anti biotics. I think she may have had a minor procedure to clean her out more too.

Yeah I can believe that as I ended up back in hospital too. I'm on 2 lots of antibiotics (900mg 3 times a day for 7 days) and if the bleeding hasn't stopped by day 7 I have to go back for a scan as they think part of the placenta may still be inside me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->