Uterus infection?

OrangeJuice

Mummy to Evie
Reaction score
:cry:

All worried now..

Midwife came today and asked about my bleeding, I told her its reallyyyy heavy and I have been having lots of blood clots, she checked my stitches and said they fine just bruised then felt my uterus and it hurt me, and she said its really tender and that I need to get up to the doctors today!!

How am I meant to do that, theres snow, I dont drive I have a 6 day old baby that I dont want to rush up to the doctor in this weather, I have arranged for OH to stay home tomorrow morning and watch her so I can go to the doctors buh the midwife made a huge deal about me going today so now I am worried about if I dont go today even though I have made the appointment for first thing in the morning!

Anyone know anything about uterus infections? What the big deal is etc? What could happen..?

Im really worried buh dont want to turn to google!

Sorry, I can't really give much advice but didn't want to read & run. :hug:

you can become very poorly very quickly from a uterine infection, your MW is right to get you to see your gp
it can also cause excessive bleeding if the infection erodes into blood vessels, hence your possible symptoms
xxx

I went to GP the next day as OH wasnt around to watch LO and my nan wasnt around to give me a lift there and then..

He said its nothing to worry about and that the MW shouldnt have scared me the way she did, that its completely normal to bleed heavily with clots after labour for up to 8 weeks and that my stomach doesnt hurt unless touched so not to worry to much..

Thanks for ur concern Sar35

:hugs: I'm glad you're going to be okay! I didn't read this until now and I was worried!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->