UTI and antibiotics

hopeful2797

Reaction score
I had a urine sample sent off to the lab last week and they just called back today to confirm that I do have a UTI and they are calling in antibiotics. I know the doctors know what they're doing, it just makes me so nervous taking medicines while I'm pregnant. Antibiotics should be fine, right?

Don't be nervous the risks of a UTI probably out weigh the risk of taking antibiotics. I have had one that isn't going away since November 22 and I took amox 500 for 5 days and the symptoms went away for a few days but it's back and I need to do another sample. I've downed so much water and even sliced a whole fresh pineapple and have been eating it till it made me sick. :-( I'm gonna have to try another antibiotic but luckily I have more options as I'm heading into the second trimester. Just make sure you take a probiotic or some yogurt! Feel better!!

I had so many uti when pregnant I had to be induced. I had around 6 diff courses of antibiotics and it did no harm to my bubba.
Please make sure you take and finish course, as I become so so ill.
I have a bad right kidney now. :(

I agree about the risks of the UTI outweighing the negatives of the antibiotics. My brothers ex went into preterm labor because of a massive UTI that she had. My niece was fine, but it was scary.

Yep antibiotics are safe, much better than a major kidney infection. Make sure you take full course even if you feel better after a few days :)

Popping over from 3rd tri - hope you don't mind :)

I've had multiple UTI's with this pregnancy - I'm prone to them anyway, and when I got pregnant - BOOM. I had more.

The ER sent me home with a script for Cephalexin - but my doctor switched me to an antibiotic called Macrobid, and here I am 37 weeks pregnant :). As all the other PP's said - the UTI's are more harmful for bub's than the medicine.

Popping over from 3rd tri - hope you don't mind :)

I've had multiple UTI's with this pregnancy - I'm prone to them anyway, and when I got pregnant - BOOM. I had more.

The ER sent me home with a script for Cephalexin - but my doctor switched me to an antibiotic called Macrobid, and here I am 37 weeks pregnant :). As all the other PP's said - the UTI's are more harmful for bub's than the medicine.

I hope Cephalexin is fine since that is what they put me on. My dr. prescribed it and I also asked the pharmacist if it was safe, just to be sure. They both said it was fine. I only had UTI symptoms one day (when I called the doctor) and then they disappeared so at least I'm not feeling any of it!

Im on cefalexin for uti is that the same as yours im paranoid about taking them x

Im on cefalexin for uti is that the same as yours im paranoid about taking them x

Yes, that's the same thing I am on. I was paranoid also, but my OB was the one who gave them to me and the pharmacist even double checked on his computer and he said the risk was basically none, so I have been taking them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->